Struggling

Options
So I am really at the point of struggling now. My nan has set me a target of losing a stone before Xmas but I would like to lose more than that. I am aiming for 18lbs by Xmas. But this still doesn't seem to be helping me. I still get hungry mid morning, mid afternoon and late evening. And I just can't find the motivation to exercise. I do Zumba on a Monday and the only reason I do that is because I enjoy it. I would go to a couple more classes throughout the week but I just can't afford it.

Has anyone got any tips to help get me through? I need a bit of support and motivation and I really don't know how and it's starting to get me down a bit.

Nikki

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You could open your diary so we could see what you are eating or Add more protein to your meals and less carbs.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Some things I have learned...
    1. In the first weeks of starting exercise program most folks gain weight because a cubic inch of muscle weighs more than a cubic inch fat. SO don't just weigh yourself... MEASURE to see what your body is really doing.
    2. NEVER eat less than about 125O calories... OR try to loose too much too fast. Your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat.
    3. It took YEARS to put on the weight... eat HEALTHY (food pyramid) exercise regularly... and slowly it will come off.
    4. Also, SLOW weight loss is most likely to stay off long term.
    5. DON"T "diet"... just learn to eat properly and exercise regularly. Make your goal "good health."
    6. Eat back at least SOME of your exercise calories. This motivates me to exercise more!
    7. Don't deprive yourself. Learn to have just ONE bite of that cake. Total deprivation may lead to fast weight gain later.
    8. As you gained weight you probably had plateaus going up. Your body remembers these plateaus and will automatically plateau there again on the way down. Some refer to these as "set points." It may take some time and sometimes some adjustments to get past them.
    9. Mix it up. Vary your exercise from day to day and vary your menu. If you get bored you are less likely to be successful.
    10. Fill out your MyFitnessPal.com profile, particpate on the boards and add some friends who will encourage you (and maybe inspire you too) .... and HAVE FUN with it!!
    11. Move More + Eat Less = Lower Weight

"It matters not if we try and fail, and try and fail again. But it matters much if we try and fail and fail to try again."
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I got the Zumba dvds and did at least one of the work outs every day! I have lost 18lbs since 1 August (though got the dvd's on 10th September). Since starting the dvds, the weight has been coming off much quicker, so if you enjoy zumba, they would be a good investment. Good luck.
  • CostaCossie
    Options
    I have opened my diary. Which I am have been really bad at filling in but as of today I am going to set reminders for me to fill it in after each meal.

I have read so many success stories on here, I really can't wait for that to be me. And tbh I think that's where I am going wrong. I want to lose weight so badly that I want to lose it really quickly and realisticaly that's just not going to happen
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I get peckish so I make loads of soup. I always have some to hand then I can have it and as its got no weight watchers points I can have it as often as I like. Stay motivated you wont be so hungry after a while honestly. Eat food which will fill you for longer and it should help the cravings. You can snack just make good choices and theres loads of lovely folk on here to give you help and support xxx
  • CostaCossie
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much. Everyone here is so lovely :)

I will look into those Zumba DVDs - i had stayed away from them after hearing bad reveiws but it sounds like they might be worth the money after all!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Oh and I walk everywhere I can. Its great exercise and free xxx