30 day challenge w/Jillian

Options
OK so all my fellow Jillian addicts, Ive got an idea to get this exercise thing going for the next 30 days.
First the challenge is to exercise at least 5-6 days per week using any of Jillian Michaels DVDs. shes got a bunch, 30 day shred, ripped in 30, yoga and so on. Anyone that wants to join just needs to email me with as starting weight, and than each Friday weigh in with your weekly weight, your # of workouts for the week and the duration. This will last a total of 5 weeks (5x6=30) and will start this Saturday October 8th and end on November 11th. (of coarse if you dont have a Jillian DVD you can use another no problemo) the whole point is to get us moving, the rainy weather and cold is bringing out the sweats and loungewear so lets KEEP MOVING!!
provided I can figure out the directions to post an online version of the spreadsheet I will have it up by this Friday with everyone that is starting...:smile:

OK SO WHO IS IN????

Replies

• jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, I plan on getting a Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD within the next couple days.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    i dont have the money to buy the DVD
  • MissJenova
    Options
    I'm in!
  • WaRachel
    Options
    I'm in, too. I really need the motivation to work out more often, and I am sick of my treadmill.

BTW, Amazon has a good offer on the Shred DVD
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=atv_avod_discplus?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    It's $8.50 for the dvd (with free shipping if you have other things to buy totalling over $25), and you get to access the videos immediately on Amazon on Demand for free.

Looking forward to this - thanks for thinking of it.
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am in I am doing 30 shred MWF and Walking and doing strength and pilates abs on T and Th. But I have a question are you supposed to do 30 day shred everyday? I take sat and sunday off because we are doing family things on those days.
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    I'm in! I've been planning to do 30DS starting this week!
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will message you my weight. I tried to do it this morning but I can weight for Saturday to officially begin. I have the 30 day shred.
  • kimberly130
    Options
    I am in I am doing 30 shred MWF and Walking and doing strength and pilates abs on T and Th. But I have a question are you supposed to do 30 day shred everyday? I take sat and sunday off because we are doing family things on those days.

No you dont have to do it every day, On the DVD jillian say to do 5-6x/w, but you can really do what ever you want! The whole idea was to get everyone moving!!
  • kimberly130
    Options
    i dont have the money to buy the DVD

Not a problem, just log the workouts you do during the week and aim for at least 30 in the next 5 weeks!
  • kimberly130
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag81kGsbxlYNdHd4MVhFTUFFbEFBS3VYTXdhOFpYR1E&hl=en_US#gid=0

Ok above is the link so you can view it as we go!

good luck and i should have it ready and complete with everyone that has joined by this Friday !!!!

LETS GET MOVING!!!
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I do the fat boost metabolism 40 min workout during the day and the 30 day shred at night
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Anyone that objects to entering a starting weight let me know and i will take it off. some ppl didnt like that. so that is ok, we can just put what is gained/lost during each week. If you dont mind it, just give me your SW and i will log it :happy:
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am a big Jillian junkie.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! Love jillian!:happy:
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    I definitely am not shy about my weight. It was 259 last Friday, but if you want to wait until this Friday I can update it. I'll be doing 30 DS at least 6 days a week.
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What if i started yesterday? Lol
  • kimberly130
    Options
    What if i started yesterday? Lol

LOL well consider it a warm up/bonus! I started it last week, than decided on the competition.... :wink:
  • kimberly130
    Options
    OK so you may have noticed on the spreadsheet i modified it a bit. First there is only an inital weigh in. 2nd there is a gain/loss along with the # of workouts for the week and the total minutes for the week. At the end of the 5 weeks there will be a total loss for each along with total amount of workout time... Any questions just shoot me an email!
    Im really excited, not only is this going to get us all in gear for working out, but hopefully keep us on track for the upcoming holidays!!! EEEEK! :tongue:

Cant wait!!! tell your friends, write it on your wall LETS GET READY JILLIAN STYLE!!!!
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start! Now as long as I can stick with it, that will be good!
  • hkrl
    hkrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!:smile: