The 2011-2012 Hockey Season starts tonight!

Options
I don't know how many of you are excited for this but I cannot wait.
I got the center ice package so I'll be watching a whole lot of hockey during winter while utilizing my treadmill.

Happy first of the season everyone!

PS
Go Canucks Go!

Replies

• misjes1
    misjes1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Go Blackhawks!
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Super excited as well... and will be watching as many games as possible on Center Ice.

Let's go Devils!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Go Red Wings! :) I've been patiently waiting for hockey to start again!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love hockey. It's the best sport out there.

I have season tickets to Michigan and love the college hockey atmosphere. I enjoy NHL hockey as well - the skill set is so much higher, but I watch more college. The games are cheaper and so much fun.

Let's Go Red Wings!

and

Go Blue!!
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I got the center ice package so I'll be watching a whole lot of hockey during winter while utilizing my treadmill.

PS
    Go Canucks Go!

YA GO CANUCKS! This year baby! I have centre ice too so hockey is always on! Best time of year!
  • obstacleone
    Options

PS
    Go Canucks Go!

YA GO CANUCKS! This year baby! I have centre ice too so hockey is always on! Best time of year!

I really hope Hodgson comes out and proves he deserves to be there, get on the 2nd line, produce and stay with the team. He could end up being the rookie of the year if he does what I think he's capable of
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yea! Hockey Fans on MFP!!!! Totally psyched. Love all hockey. My husband, 15yr old son and I all play. Huge Penguins fans. For the ladies looking to check Ryan Kesler out. ESPN Body Shots. Yikes!! Incredible body!!
  • kristy76063
    Options
    I'm a hockey mom with a 12 year old son that plays Bantam with a Dallas Stars Select Team....it's ALWAYS hockey season at our house! I spend 2-4 nights a week sitting in the upstairs bar during hockey practice where I at least get to watch the games. The whole team gets free Stars tickets at least once during the season (in the nose bleed section) but watching a live game with 20 young players more than makes up for the seat location!
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Yea! Hockey Fans on MFP!!!! Totally psyched. Love all hockey. My husband, 15yr old son and I all play. Huge Penguins fans. For the ladies looking to check Ryan Kesler out. ESPN Body Shots. Yikes!! Incredible body!!

I saw a pic of Kesler, seriously it's amazing the shape he's in.
    I know hockey players are supposed to be fit but holy moly.
  • obstacleone
    Options
    I'm a hockey mom with a 12 year old son that plays Bantam with a Dallas Stars Select Team....it's ALWAYS hockey season at our house! I spend 2-4 nights a week sitting in the upstairs bar during hockey practice where I at least get to watch the games. The whole team gets free Stars tickets at least once during the season (in the nose bleed section) but watching a live game with 20 young players more than makes up for the seat location!

I saw the stars play the oilers in edmonton back when Lindros was playing with them. That was like 5 years ago.
    I think the stars have a couple of very exciting players. Eriksson and Benn. I have both in my hockey pool :)
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Super excited as well... and will be watching as many games as possible on Center Ice.

Let's go Devils!

I'm interested to see how the devils do this year. regardless of the outcome it's gotta be Brodeurs last year.
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options

PS
    Go Canucks Go!

I really hope Hodgson comes out and proves he deserves to be there, get on the 2nd line, produce and stay with the team. He could end up being the rookie of the year if he does what I think he's capable of

I really hope he does too, and to be honest I think he will. I think he's going to have a great season! Here's hoping!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...bring it on!! GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFbL7huoFVB4DYmKPlJS7OklsoJ5pDaGnzy02LtQti_RkVCFWp
  • obstacleone
    Options
    I hope the overhaul the flyers did helps the team out. I like the direction they are heading in but losing carter and richards is a lot.

In all honesty the team I am most excited to watch this season is the Islanders.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    I hope the overhaul the flyers did helps the team out. I like the direction they are heading in but losing carter and richards is a lot.

In all honesty the team I am most excited to watch this season is the Islanders.

I sincerely hope the Flyers aren't following their old M.O....ditching the young talent to go out and sign as many aging veterans as they can in a last-ditch effort to win the Cup; and when that fails, go back to square one on a total re-build of the team.
  • obstacleone
    Options

I sincerely hope the Flyers aren't following their old M.O....ditching the young talent to go out and sign as many aging veterans as they can in a last-ditch effort to win the Cup; and when that fails, go back to square one on a total re-build of the team.

Jagr would be the only one who fits that old M.O bryzgalov is a beast, he was unbelievable on a subpar coyotes team making them into contenders. The players that were all picked up with those trades will do nothing but help. The gem of the trades was Schenn.. There's your Mike Richards and then some..
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Jagr would be the only one who fits that old M.O bryzgalov is a beast, he was unbelievable on a subpar coyotes team making them into contenders. The players that were all picked up with those trades will do nothing but help. The gem of the trades was Schenn.. There's your Mike Richards and then some..

I'm still having trouble with Jagr...I've hated him for so long; it's just weird seeing him sporting orange & black. But from what little I've heard (I can't watch games b/c I don't have cable & even if I did, I live on the West Coast & we're subject to regional coverage), he's doing well.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

I'm still having trouble with Jagr...I've hated him for so long; it's just weird seeing him sporting orange & black. But from what little I've heard (I can't watch games b/c I don't have cable & even if I did, I live on the West Coast & we're subject to regional coverage), he's doing well.

Fellow FLYERS fan, so disappointed in their moves this offseason. Sigh.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Fellow FLYERS fan, so disappointed in their moves this offseason. Sigh.

Agreed...but here's hoping they know what they're doing...
  • galaxyshark
    Options
    Happy Opening Night, My Fellow Puck Heads!!!! Soooooooo happy hockey it back. Let's Go Sharks!