If you lost your job...

Options
Just my opinion here.

I have seen a lot of people posting on the topic of getting your calories every day. Some people believe it's ok to eat less than the required amount of calories while others believe you have to, at the very least, eat your minimum number. I guess for women that would be 1200 and men around 1600.

I look at it like this... If I get let go from my job, the first thing I'm going to do is panic and shut down all unneccesary spending. I'm going to conserve every last penny until I have more money coming in. It's just a natural response because we know it takes a certain amount of money to survive on. In most cases we need our mortgage payments, car payments, utilities, and groceries. Those are the absolute necessities. Once I get another job and start bringing in a steady income again, I'll start relaxing my spending again.

I believe our bodies work under this same principle. Consume enough calories and our bodies are free to spend (burn) at will. When your body gets fired or we reduce the amount of calories coming in and our bodies start skimping on every bit of fat, to be used for future energy. We will burn the bare minimum and in turn, stop losing weight. I believe this is especially true the closer you are to your ideal weight.

It makes a lot of sense to me and again, this is just my opinion. Deduced by a lot of reading on the subject.

What's your opinion on the subject?

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    that's a really good way to look at it-
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    that's a really good way to look at it-

this!
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    Thats a great way to look at it, thanks

By the way, I'm a true blue Colts fan too. I'm going to the game this weekend, can't wait.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I do agree with you for the most part that it's a good analogy but man I wish my body treated binges the way I treat my husband's bonus cheques!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great analogy.

I still dont like eating my exercise calories in though :( It's a numbers game.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That really makes sense to me!
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    or stay on unemployment like the rest of america.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    dig.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    or stay on unemployment like the rest of america.
    :laugh:
  • Coltsman4ever
    Options
    Thats a great way to look at it, thanks

By the way, I'm a true blue Colts fan too. I'm going to the game this weekend, can't wait.

GO COLTS!!!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Options
    Great analogy.

I still dont like eating my exercise calories in though :( It's a numbers game.

I don't like to eat all my exercise calories either. Maybe half some days and less other days. Never all.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Couldn't agree more.... I use this visual. Fuel the fire wood...if you don't what happens? The fire burns out (or your metabolism does) and if you stoke the fire with kindling and wood then what does it do... it burns HOTTER (revs up your metabolism). You can't starve yourself lean folks... period.

Feel free to friend me for some calorie free food for thought and health tips. Have a fit-tabulous day, Colleen ;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you for the most part that it's a good analogy but man I wish my body treated binges the way I treat my husband's bonus cheques!

Yeah!! Wouldn't that be nice!?