Question for 30DS People

Options
I finished level one last week, a dn am now on level 2. I know I'm gaining muscle, but I don't seem to be losing fat. When you started, did your weight go up at first? When did it go down? I can see changes, but I'm not seeing it on the scale, which is slightly discouraging. I know it shouldn't be, but has anyone else seen this?

Replies

• sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the exact same thing!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for 2.5 weeks while doing the shred. I'm on day 27 and I only began losing again two days ago! But man, what a difference in inches!
  • javienjaydenmommy
    Options
    What is 30ds?
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the majority of people lose a lot of inches, but not as much weight as they wanted to with the shred. If you haven't done measurements, you really should! That's where you'll see the difference! :happy:
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 6 and my weight has been up 2 lbs. It is discouraging but i have heard nothing but good things when you finish. Keep it up and hopefully we will see good results! :o)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    What is 30ds?

30 Day Shred... workout DVD done by Jillian Michaels.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend you to take pictures and measurementes,
    Sometimes while doing these kind of workouts the scale wont move much
    But you'll be shrinking without even noticing.
    Just stay away from the scale for a bit, and look at the diferences in pictuers and measurements.
    good luck!
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I finished level one last week, a dn am now on level 2. I know I'm gaining muscle, but I don't seem to be losing fat. When you started, did your weight go up at first? When did it go down? I can see changes, but I'm not seeing it on the scale, which is slightly discouraging. I know it shouldn't be, but has anyone else seen this?

It shouldn't be just about moving the scale. Muscle weight more than fat so if you're seeing results in inches this is GOOD! :) I wouldn't be too concerned with the value on the scale. Its just a number. if you feel better and can see results you should go based on that! I would suggest you take measurements once a week to see what your measurements are doing. If you're not seeing results in either area you may need to do something different! Good luck!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    My weight went up at first, and then finally fell back down a bit. I ended up only 2 pounds down during my shred, but I lost 9 total inches!!! Stick with it. :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I finished 30ds the middle of sept but for the 1st 2 weeks i gained about 1 1/2 lbs..around the middle of level 2 is when the scale started moving down again! i lost 6lbs but a ton of inches..took me 35day because i twisted my ankle during level 1..i wasnt wearing shoes(my fault)..

Beg of Aug 2011
    beforestarting30dayshred-1.jpg
    Middle of Sept 2011
    lastdayof30DS.jpg
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you havent taken your measurements, do it! You will love the scale more when you see your inches shrink.

I'm curious to know if you have seen changes in your body beyond the number on the scale. At first I didnt lose but I could SEE in the mirror that my body was looking different. Then I could see muscle in my flexed arm.

From what I've read most people only lose about 5lbs on the scale but since you are gaining muscle, the seemingly low loss makes sense.
    They tend to see more results in loss of inches than loss of pounds. I havent finished and I'm waiting to take my measurements until Friday.

Don't get discouraged :) Keep giving it your all and you will be glad you did!
    Good luck!
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i'm losing weight. but i have also incorporated my aerobics class that i take with my 30ds. im on day 9 and have lost over 3 lbs. but im also eating a lot of fruits and veggies. def. keep track of inches lost. thats what people see. if your losing inches the weight too will follow.
  • socialite1
    Options
    So let me get this straight...you're seeing results but you're still not happy? 30DS really focuses on toning, which means you will build muscle. Take your measurements and stop basing your "success" strictly on what you see on the scale. Do your clothes fit differently? Do you feel better? Those are more important.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me:
    Started level 1, stuck with it for about a week then tried level 2
    Did level 1 immediately followed by level 2 for about a week or two then tried level 3
    Did level 2 immediately followed by level 3 for...well I am still doing it. It makes for about a 45 minute workout.

I don't do 30DS every single day but I do it maybe 4 or 5 times a week, and the days I do use it I typically will do something on the treadmill or elliptical to supplement it. I think it is a great workout but for my goals I need more than just 20 minutes of circuit training to see results.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If you havent taken your measurements, do it! You will love the scale more when you see your inches shrink.

I'm curious to know if you have seen changes in your body beyond the number on the scale. At first I didnt lose but I could SEE in the mirror that my body was looking different. Then I could see muscle in my flexed arm.

From what I've read most people only lose about 5lbs on the scale but since you are gaining muscle, the seemingly low loss makes sense.
    They tend to see more results in loss of inches than loss of pounds. I havent finished and I'm waiting to take my measurements until Friday.

Don't get discouraged :) Keep giving it your all and you will be glad you did!
    Good luck!

I've taken measurements, and people have said I'm looking skinny, but it's just that old-fashioned idea that the scale gives your "true" weight. I do like how I'm looking, but it's just weird and I need to get out of that mentality. :smile:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I lost about a pound a week on it on Level 1. I found that I lost if I could work on it 4-5 days a week. When I started doing it less, it was harder for me.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS a couple of years ago. I did it for more than 30 days, and after the first month, I bought another Jillian DVD (Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism I think) because I was getting bored and wanted to add new things. I continued to use 30DS and BFBM typically 4-5 days a week, and in my 4th month, I was down 12lbs and had to go buy new jeans!

I know some people have more dramatic and quicker results, but stick with it, mix it up with another DVD if you get bored, add heavier weights if you get through the Shred and want to go back & do the levels again - just keep going! Hang in there!