Hi :)

Options
Newbie here from central California.

I've never tried to count calories and such, so this is going to be very new for me and quite a challenge I'm sure!

Hope to get more acquainted with this and start to see some results hehe... have a wonderful week!!

Heather

Replies

• heather93277
    Options
    Newbie here from central California.

I've never tried to count calories and such, so this is going to be very new for me and quite a challenge I'm sure!

Hope to get more acquainted with this and start to see some results hehe... have a wonderful week!!

Heather
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
    Welcome! Counting calories seems overwhelming when you first start but it was a huge wake up call for me as in "that has HOW many calories?!?" and "THAT is one portion?!?". Then I started to realize why I was gaining weight even though I thought I was "eating healthy".

Good luck - you can do it!!! :drinker:
  • tmay
    tmay Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome! I am new at this too and so far so good!:smile:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Welcome!!! like some one else said, if you've never counted calories before, it can be a little overwhelming at first, but if you stick with it, not only will you start to see results, but you'll learn that its really about a different life style and way of thinking about food. There's tons of support here and lots of good information on the boards.

Have fun!:flowerforyou:
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome heather, you'll love the site,its so helpful and everyone here is amazing :flowerforyou: Counting calories can be a huge wake up call, some things you would never imagine are just loaded with them, its a lot for awhile and then it just becomes a natural habit as soon as you pick something up to look at the nutritional info.Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: