Any other ladies lifting weights?

Options
2»

Replies

• ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do and have for many years.

Take a look at my routine sometime...my exercise diary is public.

One of my biggest pet peeves are girls who think they will get bulky if they do strength training...girl, please!

It'll take a lot more than a few lat pull-downs to make you look like a body builder!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love lifting and give my hubs a run for the money in the weight room! I also recommend the "New Rules of Weight Lifting" it's an awesome program!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights. I am a triathlete and I lift to keep my muscles strong to help my overall economy in terms of swimming, biking, and running. I don't want my body wasting energy trying to stabilize itself during long, hard endurance sessions, so weight lifting is "where it's at" for me.

I don't use any of the programs that are out there, simply because I already know what areas I need to focus on. I used to have a trainer and that was awesome. I think I may do that again, but it was expensive.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i have been using them with my trainer .. to tone up..
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I found a really cool article entitled Lean Machines on the Fitness Magazine website. It shows you the best 10 machines to tone all of your body. I love it because it's a great, low-time workout, but I really feel it afterwards. I up my weight as I see gains and I alternate the order of things to confuse my body.

Shannon
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the ChaLean Extreme program - lifting 3 times per week with cardio 2 times per week and stretching one time. I was doing the CLX/TF hybrid before. Got rid of 11 unwanted inches but the cardio was a bit too much for me. I'm enjoying doing just CLX alone.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my arms and shoulders are killing im glad i am doing any weights today. will it ache after everytime or is it one of those thigns that you get used to?
    i guess it should ache otherwise it wouldnt be doing naything?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    make sure your last few reps in every set are difficult to do with good form. If you can do 10 without struggling, then try increasing the weight.

agreed.
    challenge yourself
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    my arms and shoulders are killing im glad i am doing any weights today. will it ache after everytime or is it one of those thigns that you get used to?
    i guess it should ache otherwise it wouldnt be doing naything?

you get used to it, to an extent.
    I'm still always sore after a good leg workout.
    But soreness isn't an indicator of progress.

There's some days when I have great workouts and don't feel sore at all.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    i just started New Rules Monday and I love it. Basically it emphasizes whole body workouts. The moves are selected to use as many muscles groups as possible. The book is a great too, really informative and funny, explains everything really well.