collecting up unused calories

Options
hello does anyone collect there unused cals from the week to have an extra special weekend? how does that work because im sure it would still take you over your daily target here? ive only just started eating back my exercise cals so im finding the idea of collecting the extras i dont use a day for a larger treat confusing.

Replies

• FitnessDivaK
    Options
    I try not to do it. It makes me feel like I'm cheating in a way. I do everything on a daily basis and I try to plan ahead if I know there will be days where I may go out and potentially go over my calories. With that being said...If I've had an awesome week and was under everyday, I still do my best to plan for a "special weekend", but don't beat myself up if I go over a little bit :-)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I've thought about doing the same thing once I hit maintenance....
    My mom is on Weight Watchers, and they have so many extra points for the week - so I thought, why not?!?

I don't think there's any way to actually do it in here, unless you intentionally enter your exercise on the wrong day...

Good Luck! ;)
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can save up your calories and eat them over the weekend. You can also try calorie cycling or zig-zagging. For example sometimes I'll do

Mon 1730
    tues 1442
    weds 1298
    Thurs 1586
    Fri 1442
    sat 1442
    sun 1154

It keeps your metabolism on its toes and allows for "going over".
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    zigzagging so basically you eat different cals each day? i like the exercise cals entered on a different day ideas other wise i too would feel like i cheated also i suppose i could just exercise more lol ;-)
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I haven't 'saved up' but I have 're-payed debt' in following days after eating over. I was entering the excess food into the next day for a while but didn't like not having an accurate record so I just started writing myself notes ("owes 100 calories"). The maths logic of calorie deficit suggests we should be able to move a calorie allocation around like this.