Anyone have baked chicken or turkey recipes?

Options
SarahMorganP
SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
Any baked chicken or turkey recipes would be great. Any gluten free would be even better! Thanks!

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I Love those 'so juicy' bags with herbs you just put your chicken and veg in there mix with the herbs ect and seal and put the whole lot in the oven takes 30mins and the chicken is so succulent and juicy. You could make your own by buying the oven bags and putting your own stuff in there like garlic ect add what you like and pop it in the oven xxx
  • Statari
    Statari Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I take chicken thighs and marinate them in a balsamic vinaigrette over night and then coat them in garlic and herb breadcrumbs and bake them. Most delicious chicken I've ever had!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I made an easy one last night that came out really good. I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash. Then added a little parmesan cheese. Baked at 375 for 1 hour (I think this may depend on your oven, because some recipes say 350 for 45 minutes but mine wasn't done). I loved it, as did the family.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to go is get a whole chicken or turkey, toss in the oven (Typically around 350-400) for the time needed for a bird of its size to cook. Add seasonings like, celery seed, salty, pepper, (I also like basil and dried dill). I toss in a little low sodium chicken broth versus just water in the cooking dish for basting. On the stove top, steam some green beans, carrots, or maybe some corn on the cob.

I also take chicken breaks, coat them in Italian dressing (Kens Healthy Choice has a GREAT lower calorie lower sodium option), then bake.
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like to dip the chicken, pork or turkey in egg/milk and then coat w/ panko breadcrumbs & garlic. Then bake at 375 until no longer pink. Then the last few minutes, I turn on the broiler to get them kind of crispy...very yummy
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This looked appealing to me the other day on Food Network: It is a Baked Sesame Chicken Recipe!!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/sesame-chicken-recipe/index.html
  • lottabody1
    lottabody1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have made baked spinach chicken! since i love chicken and spinach, i season my chicken with mrs dash and also i bought some no sodium chicken bullion the powder one, then i baked the chicken for about 25 min on 350 or until done. the open a can of spinach and pour it on top and let sit in oven for about 10-15 minutes with the oven off, WOW!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lemon Chicken Breast (Serves 4)
    1/4 cup good olive oil
    3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
    1/3 cup dry white wine
    1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
    2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1½ teaspoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
    1 lemon

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 X 12-inch baking dish.

Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn’t browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.

I got this from Ina Garten recipes. You could leave out the wine if you don't have it and use boneless skinless chicken to cut calories.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I use chicken breast or chkn thighs and coat it with krusteaz pancake mixed with salt, pepper, graduated garlic, coated pan with a little butter and bake.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Judith1044
    Options
    i put a little garlic and cover the chicken breasts or thighs with salsa, cook in the oven at 450F for 45 minutes....simple and delicious
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jleigh417
    Jleigh417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump. Getting tired of the same old recipes : )