Running Shoe

Options
Looking for suggestions on some great running shoes . . .

Replies

• kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Me too! :-)
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Find a local running store where you can get your gait analyzed--they will be able to recommend a few different shoes to suit your running style and foot shape.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a wide foot and I love the Adidas Liquid for running on paved surfaces. They're light, affordable, and good quality.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yeah it totally depends on if you're a pronator or not which is best determined at a running store. They'll give you the test for free. I'm an overpronator myself and this week just got a pair of Asics GT2160s which are excellent shoes. Runner's World gave them their Editor's Choice award. But you have to know first what you need. 8)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Find a local running store where you can get your gait analyzed--they will be able to recommend a few different shoes to suit your running style and foot shape.

this.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

Best advice! Everyone is different when it comes to shoes. I run in a Nike Free, which a lot of people can't stand. My old shoes, the Brooks Glycerin, caused me intense knee pain, but I know a lot of people who absolutely love them.
  • cherryObebe
    Options

^^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ THIS :)
  • fdonhauser
    Options
    Definitely agree with going to a running store to get properly fitted. I used to have problems with EVERY pair of sneakers I bought, then went to a running store and stood on their machine to have the measurements done (size, weight distribution, arch level, etc)..I ended up getting a pair of Brooks sneakers..they may be a little ugly (they have orange and black in them, not a fan of orange) but I have never had a problem with them! Have had them for about a year and they are well worth it, its like I don't even feel my shoes when I run (which is what marathon runners suggest a shoe should be like).
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted properly!! Trust me!!

Any runners out there that want new friends, add me! :)
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    check out www.mizuno.com -- they have the most extensive do-it-yourself fitting guide. I absolutely love mine!!!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I went to RoadRunner in Tempe, AZ and they analyzed my run and suggested sneakers for me. I bought a pair and I can FEEL the difference between what I was wearing to run and what I wear now! I'm glad I did it.... I have lasted now 4 weeks on C25k without any knee problems!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    You know - I've just learned a lot of things about running that I didn't even realized existed. I just put on a pair of sneakers and went at the c25k program. I'm laughing at myself because what I thought was a fairly simple question that would get fairly simple answers now has me researching terms on the internet. Funny . . .

I have a lot to learn! Thanks for the answers, Everyone!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Def go to a running store... I love my Brooks Ghost 4's!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just recently purchased a pair of Asics gel ~ nimbus 12 running shoes
    I LOVE them!!!!!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I LOVE them!!!!!

I have these too!!

Also, check out roadrunnersports.com . You can get your stuff CHEAPER and they have a 30 / 60 day money back guarentee!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone saying find a local running store. Those individuals are experts in running shoes and what you need for your particular gait. Do not be afraid to tell them you have a budget. Most stores do not have all of their inventory out on the sales floor. There are many "last season" shoes in the back that can be much cheaper!
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them!!!!!

I am a Gel Nimbus runner too! I have 10's, 11's, and 2 pairs of 12's.....can't wait to try out the 13's soon!
  • brit_chick74
    Options
    ditto on road runner sports. Online they spend quite a bit of time explaining how you can identify what type of shoe you'll need and then they categorize their shoes - with good details on how best to fit etc. But if you can get to a store do! - I'd only ever ordered online from them but finally get to the Seattle store this weekend and the service is awesome!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Ditto! Just because my Brooks Cascadia fit me to a T doesn't mean they'll fit you. You need to get fitted to see how you run, your gait, and how you pronate. Also...if you heel strike or not. I'm horrible at heel striking and thankfully I prefer trail to road so my knees aren't too banged up...yet. I'll probably have surgery before I'm 30...ugh. Good luck!
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was fitted with Saucony Pro Grid 4. Wow, what a difference it made in my knee!

They were $90 at the running store, $70 at Zappos.

If you don't have a running store nearby, you can buy 5-7 pair of top rated running shoes from Zappos and wear them around the house. They should have a half inch room in the toebox and your Achilles tendon should be straight when you walk. Return the shoes you don't want for free on Zappos!