Weight GAIN before & after pictures? Need motivation!

Options
According to the doctors, I need to put on at least 20-25lbs. Weight gain never sounds approving so I need your help!

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I would post pics, but I used to refuse to take any pictures. There's huge blocks in my life where my mother doesnt have one pic of me.
  • fdonhauser
    Options
    Not having proper nutrition means your body is digesting itself...also meaning that you could be in your 30's and your body looks like its in its 80's. If you need to gain 20-25 pounds, then do that...the doctors aren't telling you 50-55. Take care of your body and respect it
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    I would post pics, but I used to refuse to take any pictures. There's huge blocks in my life where my mother doesnt have one pic of me.

That's okay, thank you though :)
  • HizGlory
    Options
    Unfortunately...GAINING weight has NEVER been an issue for me! But I once dated a man that was 30lbs underweight, so I can only (from a peripheral viewpoint) give you an overview of what he did. He eventually gained 40lbs, by working out with weights (he avoided a lot of cardio...did maybe 30 mins of cardio 3xs a week) and drinking high calorie protein shakes in between meals. The weight training helped to build muscle (muscle weighs more than fat); and the protein shakes help to supplement his caloric intake. The last time I saw him was about 3 years ago and he looked and felt much better. Hope it helps...GOOD LUCK!!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    (((hugs)))

As you know, I'm a recovered anorexic, but unfortunately I don't have any digital photos of myself from when I was at my smallest, so I can't show you my own weight gain before and afters, but here is a celebrity example, if it helps... I hope this isn't triggering or anything. :ohwell:

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but Portia de Rossi was at one point very underweight, and gained probably what your doctor wants you to gain. Here are her before-and-after pictures-

thumbnailCA1GDXOM.jpg

thumbnailCA992IE6.jpg
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Try looking up pictures of the actress Portia De Rossi. She has admitted having anorexia and now talks about fighting it publicly. She was at her sickest when she was on Ally McBeal. Now she has gained maybe 20 pounds and she looks so much better. Very healthy. Here is a site that has a before/after pic of her, but there maybe better pics out there. http://bellapetite.com/portia-de-rossi-the-danger-of-thin.html

Wow, great minds thing a like! Someone beat me mentioning Portia
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    (((hugs)))

As you know, I'm a recovered anorexic, but unfortunately I don't have any digital photos of myself from when I was at my smallest, so I can't show you my own weight gain before and afters, but here is a celebrity example, if it helps... I hope this isn't triggering or anything. :ohwell:

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but Portia de Rossi was at one point very underweight, and gained probably what your doctor wants you to gain. Here are her before-and-after pictures-

thumbnailCA1GDXOM.jpg

thumbnailCA992IE6.jpg

Wow thank you! She looks amazing now & still very slim.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old grandson is so skinny the doctor wants him to gain some weight. He is a good eater but still skinny. The doc suggested Pediasure to help him gain weight.
  • LuvnSnownSun
    Options
    Just try and keep in mind that gaining weight doesn't have to mean getting "fat". You can put on lean muscle mass and still be feminine and more attractive becuase there will be shape. I'm not an example of this so my picutres will do you no good. I'm coming fromteh other side fo the spectrum. However I have a dear friends who struggle with this. I've found a blogger who I am using for inspiration in my hourney. While I need to lose weight, I want to be "girlie" still. This guy is a trainer who talks about lifting and training in a way that does not "bulk up", is still girlie, and is healthy weight vs "fat" weight. Hope it can help you a bit.

THis is one story of one womans journey, once on the site if you search for "Jason" you will get the rest of his blogs.
    http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/