Losing weight to have baby

Options
Hello Everyone,

I keep trying to keep track and loose wieght so I can try for a baby but always go on a binge about 4 days later. I forget to keep track of weight and food so don't have something to look back on.

Does anyone else forget, it's so demorlizing : (

Any words of encouragement would be great.

Blueskies XXXX

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I keep trying to keep track and loose wieght so I can try for a baby but always go on a binge about 4 days later. I forget to keep track of weight and food so don't have something to look back on.

Does anyone else forget, it's so demorlizing : (

Any words of encouragement would be great.

Blueskies XXXX

Find some self control.
  • kbrown1171
    Options
    Wow that was encouraging now wasn't it!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I suggest to keep your eye on the prize... have baby pictures on ur mirror, and fridge and cabinets.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You should consult your dr. but Alpha lipoic acid is great for cravings and might also help with fertility. I'm not a medical person at all so you have to do your own research but when I take it - no cravings at all when I don't all I can think about are bagles and iced cream. I take 250 mg morning and night.
  • leanne2376
    Options
    what helps me with my bingeing is my long term goal. You have to always keep that in mind everyday, every hour and every minute of your life. If your goal is to have a baby as it is mine then you should always keep that in mind
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Try and hold yourself accountable for everything you put in your mouth. I read on here once- if you bite it write it. Log everything! That way you can see how much you are actually eating and maybe it will curb you from going too far over.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    wow....

RUDE!!!

Exactly.

Just remember what your doin this for. When u go to eat just think about the baby and what your goal is.

Anybody can accomplish thier goals if they really put thier mind to it.

U got this girl. U can add me for encouragment if you would like.
  • jcn1109
    jcn1109 Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't know if this will work for you, but.....

When a friend of mine was trying to lose weight in preparation for TTC, she made a charm bracelet that she wore every day. It had little baby-themed charms on it (a little bottle, a little baby, a tiny stork, etc). Whenever she'd start to lose focus or want to cheat, she looked at the charms to remind herself of the goal she had and how important it was to her. Keep at it. It takes a while to build new habits, but if you keep doing this it will become a natural part of your day.

(Come to think of it, I'm wanting to lose weight to have a second child....I think I'll try the bracelet thing. Maybe it will help keep me focused.)
  • JaneWrastle
    Options
    work in snacks that aren't healthy routinely so you won't feel deprived and go on a binge....but make sure the snacks are small and don't take you over your calorie allotment for the day :)
  • blueskye3
    Options
    I have the same weight loss goal! Whenever I fall off track of think of how much I would like to start a family and I also think of it in terms of when I am pregnant will this kind of eating be beneficial to my pregnancy. So I think of it as prepping myself for what is to come. I also downloaded the myfitnesspal app to my phone which makes it quick and easy to track progress. I also bought a scale and weigh myself every Sunday that way I wont obsess during the week about my weight. Hope this helps and glad there are others out there like me trying to reach this fabulous goal :)
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find it so funny that this should be a safe haven for those of us trying to better our lives, and some people either forget what it was like to be stuck in a rut, or in general are just insenstive A-holes.

You need to find something to help you focus... Either a picture of a beautiful pregnant belly on your fridge, or something to keep you motivated each time you step into the kitchen. It gets hard, so I have pictures of service members up, and logos of the branches just to keep me in check. When I want to pig out, I think "What do I want more?"

I think youre a very brave person to even be on this site- Be proud of taking the first step and asking for help.

As for the rude people on this site--- Either find compassion or kick rocks- Don't ruin what this site was built for... Its my fitness PAL, not My fitness jerks-who-make-you-feel-bad-for-struggling!
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    I can encourage you all that you want, but at the end of the day, you are the one that can make the change. I recommend that you buy a cheap bracelet and place it on your wrist and look at it whenever you want to eat something that will not help you on your diet. It will remind you of what you want to accomplish. It worked for me for about two weeks, and then I decided to take control of my actions. I saw it like this: if I am working so hard to lose the weight, is this food worth it? Binge eating isn’t good for you or me, so whenever you feel like over eating, reach for a fruit or a veggie snack. I chew gum too.

You need to have control of your actions. Change your way of thinking about this diet and think of it as lifestyle change that will enable you to live longer for that future child that you want to have! Have a positive mindset. If you don't, you're only setting yourself for failure.

I really don't want to be discouraging, I want you to thrive and achieve all your desired goals. So please, re-analyze your situation before you eat that unhealthy meal and remember that you want to lose weight, because you want to be healthy and you wish to deliver a healthy child in the future. Live long and prosper in everything that you do! Best of luck!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    it hapens some times, especially when you are doing something new.
    I would say to put something in the kitchen where you can't help but see it that will remind you not to eat so much.

Don't stress and remember that stress and panic will push you towards loosing self control, so again don't stess your self out. Instead distract and put reminders till you can creat a better habbit.

Good luck and you came here when you needed help, so you are going about the right way.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm on your phone 3 times a day to remind you to enter your meal into MFP.

Set it to go off at scheduled times to remind you to exercise.

I have severe ADD and without that I could have never consistently logged in or stuck with it.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Every 10% of our body weight you drop increases your fertility by 50%. 4 years ago, around this time, I lost 25 lbs and got pregnant. It can happen. Just remember, SMALL goals. Change one eating habit at a time. Make sure it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Diets don't work.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Wow that was encouraging now wasn't it!

At first it surprised me too.... but honestly if you think about it it is really that simple. What is important to you? If losing weight for the health of you and your child is very important, I don't see how you could forget. If you do forget every 4 days. Maybe mark it on your calendar to stay on your diet. I don't know.... I can't see myself forgetting. I could theoretically see my self saying "screw it" and tossing a pizza down my gullet lol. I almost did that yesterday but didn't.

Maybe, OP, you should allow yourself 1 cheat every 10 days but be very diligent in between those days. Just a thought.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ~ignores rude comment~ You guys are awesome!

You can do this! There are some great ideas and I hope you find strength and encouragement from all of us! You can add me if you would like too! :)

After I had my son, I tried for 7 years to have a baby. The doctors told me that I couldn't have a baby again. I tried medicine and calculating my ovulation and all of that stuff... Then after not trying anymore and focusing on me, I started hiking. I fell in love with hiking and I started playing volleyball every Sunday. Then wham, I got pregnant!

Now I'm a little scared of hiking... I dont' want anymore kids... lol

You GOT THIS! You can do it! I love the idea of wearing a symbolic bracelet.
  • blueskies333
    Options
    Lol, yes that's just what I thought. : /
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hope everything goes well. I've been through that battle myself and end result is well worth it as you will see when you hold your baby for the first time. I like the eye on the prize idea, don't let yourself get discouraged!
  • SCHerrod
    Options
    I have just realized it is simple math... If you don't want your checkbook to be in the red, don't spend more than you have. It is the same with these calories. It's not easy but its true. I've got to keep focused on that and I feel I will be more willing to get moving and make better food choices! Good luck trying to conceive. We are in the same boat!