10/06/11 NSV'S

Options
jlanab
jlanab Posts: 89 Member
Someone started this last week and it was so inspirational to see eveyones day by day victories. I'll start with mine

So... This morning I RAN a full 5K... WITHOUT STOPPING!!!! That's not even the best part, I did it in 40 min (down 11 minutes from the last time I attempted to run the whole distance but couldnt) and... I WASN'T EVEN TIRED!!! I started off with the C25K program and at week 5 (which for me was 10-12 weeks after I started the program cuz I fell off the wagon) I was so down because I couldnt finish the 20 min run:sad: . My next run day I laced up my shoes and said "take that 20 minutes" and ran for 30 minutes straight. Man I thought that was a true win for me until this morning, You would have thought I crossed the finish line of a full marathon and won the lottery at the same time. I was jumping, screaming, crying, and fist pumping. SO amazing!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! Congratulations. As someone else who's on the C25K program, that 20 minute one is HARD! Way to show it who's boss!

I just posted mine in another thread... but I'm quite pleased, so I'll post it again!

I used to only weigh myself once a month, afraid I would get obsessed with the number. So I weighed on Tuesday and saw a 5 pound drop from last week. Since then, I've kept my scale in the bathroom and "tracked" how I'm doing without unofficially weighing in.

NSV -- I am not yet "Obsessed" with weighing myself every five minutes.

SV -- Today's was 2.3 pounds lighter!!! If it stays around there for another 2 days, then I'll track it to keep myself motivated.

Other NSVs.... today I'm wearing what use to be my "skinny" jeans. And they're gettin' too big!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congrats!

I bought a pair of jeans a size smaller today :)
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that must be a great feeling. Keep it up!!!
  • klfalzone
    klfalzone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This wasnt from today, but from yesterday, but since I am still feeling so good from it I thought I would post. My mom and I have been working out for about 1 month now. We have been weighing once a week. Every week I didnt see any change. Well, finally yesterday I got on the scale and there was a 3.8 lb loss. The little victories that keep you going...cant wait to continue my journey. I joined MFP about 1 1/2 wks ago and I am loving it. I love reading the sucess stories....it really give me the hope and motivation! :)
  • klfalzone
    klfalzone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didnt know what NSV meant...lol. So this is a scale victory I guess!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!