a little tough love...

Options
from tony horton. saw this today, and i needed this swift kick in the *kitten*! hope it does the job for you, too!

Alright, sit back and relax. Let’s go over a couple of things. There seems to be a general lack of willpower.

Showing up to a party hungry, never a good idea, you're screwed.

Now I could sit here and I could tell you little tips about how to help you control your eating habits, improve the quality of your food, and I do it week after week, month after month, year after year, and it seems like the same people (I know who you are – you know who you are) continue to just let food win.

Am I correct?

I mean, you do the programs, and you come into the chat rooms and you go into the message boards. And you’re part of the community and you have been for years, and you lose some weight, and gain it back. Then you lose some more, and gain back more, and it’s just a cycle that continues.

Sometimes you take it seriously, sometimes you don’t. Blah, blah, blah! Sad, boring and pathetic, really…

You blame it on your parents and you blame it on work, and you blame it on stress and you blame it on poor planning, or on the weather or lack of sleep. And you sort of take the blame, but not enough to make any changes.

I mean, if it doesn’t matter, ‘cause apparently it doesn’t…

‘Cause if it did, this would no longer be a problem for most of you. But the sad fact of the matter is, you know what to do!

You have temptations and you succumb to them. Period.

Now, my job tonight is not to sit here and point fingers and call you names and say that you are losers. But it’s time for a little tough love people.

As some of you know, I’m 50 and life is extraordinarily short. I feel like I’ve lived ten lives already, and as we get older it doesn’t get any easier unless we do the right thing. Succumbing to temptation based on outside influences and influences inside our heads just makes life such a dull, boring, frustrating drag. Ick!

Is this what we want? Is this good enough? Is it?

But what the he1l are you going to do about it? Because change is a b1tch, man.

But if you want the life that I think you think you deserve, then you have to do the opposite of what you’re doing. I know the economy is rough and things happen in life that are brutal, but since when does food solve any of our problems? It makes things worse! We need something to make us feel good for 10 seconds, but all it’s doing is making our situation worse!

So why be healthy?

Because you have to! Because the alternative sucks!

Replies

• TSSC
    TSSC Posts: 4
    Options
    Here's to not letting food win!
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    that was good
  • MsOssining
    MsOssining Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This was awesome and to the point. Thank you.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    That's a great post, thanks for sharing.
  • blueskies333
    Options
    : ) thank you for that, I'm new to the message boards and looking for a bit of support. As you say I do just that loose wieght and then put it back on, I deserve better than that : ) I'll be sticking your post to my fridge door.

Well done , Keep going to all of us trying to loose wieght.

Much love
    Blueskies333 XXXX
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    glad ya'll dig it. i love me some tony horton - he keeps it real!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    so true, so true....many of us have warped relationships with food....all caught up in emotion and it takes a lot of willpower and determination not to let food continue to control us....here's to winning the battle.

Thanks for the post.....
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Love. It. That is all.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    love it! This is the kind of love i need. :) Thx for posting. I think i might print this one out