Plateau

Options
I have been at the same weight for 4 months. I have kept a pretty good diary and have kept my calories under 1200. I exercise 1-2x a week. What can I do to get out of this weight.

Replies

• Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that you're staying under 1200 is the problem...your body needs a MINIMUM of that much, and even 1200 is too low to follow for a prolonged period of time...it winds up lowering your metabolic rate, and causes your body to store energy in the form of food instead of letting it go. I would gradually increase my caloric intake and activity levels if I were you, working my way up to the 1200-1500 calorie range and incorporating exercise 3-4 times a week. Hope this helps and good luck :)
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that you're staying under 1200 is the problem...your body needs a MINIMUM of that much, and even 1200 is too low to follow for a prolonged period of time...it winds up lowering your metabolic rate, and causes your body to store energy in the form of food instead of letting it go. I would gradually increase my caloric intake and activity levels if I were you, working my way up to the 1200-1500 calorie range and incorporating exercise 3-4 times a week. Hope this helps and good luck :)

This exactly!!!!
  • ni3k
    ni3k Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    when ive had plateau issues, Id usually kick it up a notch with some running (which i dont regularly do) which usually helped
  • xinahay123
    Options

This exactly!!!!
    ditto
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You need to eat way more... I think Ive discovered that my body will even allow me to eat up to maintanance calories and still lose a pound a week... the more you work out, the more you can eat. I also zig zag calories...
  • sexy79
    sexy79 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started running last week unfortuately I am also a student in the evening's.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I started running last week unfortuately I am also a student in the evening's.

If time is an issue, try cardio that you can do in your home. Circuit training is a good one. It cuts the exercise time literally down to 30 - 45 minutes instead of the whole getting ready for the gym, parking, walking in, finding a machine, running, cleaning up, leaving and getting make home.

Like others said, you definitely need at least 1200 calories. My goal is 1200 and I always make sure I eat that much or more and compensate for the more that I eat with exercise.

Try to work out at least 3 times a week for 30 mins and on days you don't feel like doing cardio, do some kind of exercise like weight-lifting (little 5lb at home weights), pilates, or yoga.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Could you make your diary public?