Meeting new weight loss friends :)

Options
Hello a friend of mine and I have joined your site and we thought it would be great to meet new people who want to lose weight and be healthy. I've got about 65 more pounds to lose. It's been a bit of a journey already. I started losing weight and watching what I ate in March of this year and to date I've lost 30lbs. Now I just need to shave off the rest of the weight. I'm hoping to at least keep losing 5lbs a month but I know that it can be hard when you hit spots. Right now I seem to be in a dead zone. I've weighted the same poundage for the last few weeks. I need to make sure and get a better diet system going as well so if anyone has ideas on those please feel free to clue me in. I have a hard time with the food thing as I have a picky 7 year old. I look forward to meeting new people on my journey.

Replies

• Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF and good luck with your goals! I think it's great you've already managed to lose 30 lbs :)

As for your plateau, are you sticking to lean proteins, healthy carbs (not refined, like white bread, or sugar), and fruits and veggies? Also, is your fat intake coming in from healthy sources like nut butters, olive oil, and avocado? Cutting overly processed foods that didn't fall into the categories I mentioned helped me get past a plateau at one point. Hope this helps and feel free to add me or message if you have questions :)
  • saphfireangel
    saphfireangel Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a lot of fruits and veggies and I'm trying to stay away from most carbs. Tweaking my diet is a hard process as I have 3 other people in my house that don't always want to eat what I'm eating. So I try to stick with healthy meats that are lean and not to much boxed or processed meals. I continue to work at it because I will get this weight off. Thank you for the advice and I will see if I can fit in more of those foods and see if that helps me out of the plateau I seem to be in.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on your progress. I just started myself so I have a ways to go. I need inspiration! lol... so I"ll friend ya.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far.....30 lbs is excellent! Welcome to MFP, it's a great, supportive site with some awesome people. Friend me if you like and I will cheer you on to victory....plus we can all use all the support we can get!
    Carol
  • jkhatun
    Options
    Yeah me too... Let us all motivate each other!!! we can only bring positives into each other's lives by providing healthy ideas! Cheers and welcome! wish you all a very successful journey (goal/objective) of a long and healthy life!
  • newmercies7
    Options
    I'm new to this site too as of yesterday. I have only one freind so far, so feel free to friend me.
  • jkhatun
    Options
    I just want to lose 10LBS... I hope i can do it... I am trying to keep track of my eating habit...
  • saphfireangel
    saphfireangel Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the friends requests and the support I'm really looking forward to cheering everyone on with me. Please feel free to tell me what exercises you do as well so that I can get some new ideas.
  • fightbbrave
    Options
    I can be that friend if want me to !! and guess what ?......I need your help too!!!!