Weight loss suppliment that works?

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried a weightloss aid/suppliment that is actually working for them. I'm happy with my weightloss so far, but was just wondering!:tongue:

Replies

• justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone out there has tried a weightloss aid/suppliment that is actually working for them. I'm happy with my weightloss so far, but was just wondering!:tongue:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any but my sister tried the Lipizine? Big waste of money. Besides...I don't want to have to take pills the rest of my life to keep the weight off. Just keep plugging away, log your food and exercise and the weight will come off. Remember this is about a new way to eat and live, not getting there as fast as I can. At least that's what I tell myself. Hang in there.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    Every radio station I've ever worked at has had someone do the "Herbal Magic" program as part of an advertising campaign (you get the supplements for free, voice the ads and ta-da!). One guy I worked with lost around 50 pounds before his wedding.

But as soon as the ad campaign was done and he was going to have to pay for the supplements (and they're NOT cheap) he stopped taking them and gained every single pound (and then some) back within 2-3 months.

I suggest losing weight the old fashioned way: eat healthier, watch your portion sizes & exercise. It's not as quick as a supplement but I'll bet it's a lot more permanent :smile:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I was taking hydroxycut and it was working but I stopped because I worried about a) my heart beating so fast. B) putting the weight back on later. and c) My mom finding out, she would kill me. My mum, when she was my age wanted to lose weight so she took diet pills and lived off diet coke and gum. She lost a lot of weight but as soon as she couldn't sustain that lifestyle anymore, trippled her weight.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I have to agree, no diet pill is worth taking as far as I'm concerned. I took XtremeLean about 6 years ago (before they banned Ephedra) and now I have high blood pressure at 30 years old. I'm convinced that is the cause because even when I was thin I still had high blood pressure and now I have to a water pill for my blood pressure. Like I said, not worth it me.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I did the Herbal Magic program and it worked for me. I lost about 50lbs and let myself creep back up 15lbs then started on here. 10lbs came off right away from the intial eating better water weight loss at the beginning. I would do it again if I could afford it. The whole program includes a maintenance year where you continue to get support to maintain so they don't just drop you. People who stick with it through to maintenance keep the weight off. It's expensive though.
  • lobsterhug
    Options
    I took a multi-vitamin with a metabolism booster that's made by Beachbody for a couple years. I took it more for the vitamin. It didn't cause any dramatic weightloss but I felt like it helped me maintain my weight once I stopped dieting and exercising. It was really expensive though, $60 for a two month supply.

I ran out of my last bottle around the time I quit smoking and gained a bunch of weight. I'm sure that had more to do with the cigarettes, but I sometimes wonder if I would have gained as much if I'd still been on the vitamins.
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all your replies. I have just been feeling like, well, maybe I should try to go with one of those supps to see if it helps me a little more but I think I will stick it out with diet and excercise and keep losing the 1 lb per week. Thanks for all your feedback!:flowerforyou:
  • mommabuzz
    Options
    I take CLA and Green tea vitamins. Not really a diet supplement but it helps boost the metabolism :)
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels said that a caffeine/aspirin stack before you workout can help you work out harder and then burn more calories. Caffeine does speed up your metabolism, but not that significantly. It also makes some people hungry, so that could negate the benefits...plus, all the diet pills say in addition to diet and exercise, so it's hard to measure the actual benefit.
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I personally have tried to stay away from those. The ones I tried a few times had my heart racing and I'm too young for a heart attack. However the other day I was doing some research on Slimquick Cleanse (I decided not to try it) but while I was googling it I came across this website that I think might help.

www.criticalorie.com/

It's a bunch of reviews of different types of diet pills. I personally found it very helpful so I hope it helps you!:drinker: :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Every radio station I've ever worked at has had someone do the "Herbal Magic" program as part of an advertising campaign (you get the supplements for free, voice the ads and ta-da!). One guy I worked with lost around 50 pounds before his wedding.

But as soon as the ad campaign was done and he was going to have to pay for the supplements (and they're NOT cheap) he stopped taking them and gained every single pound (and then some) back within 2-3 months.

I suggest losing weight the old fashioned way: eat healthier, watch your portion sizes & exercise. It's not as quick as a supplement but I'll bet it's a lot more permanent :smile:

a friend of mine did Herbal Magic and it was awful. She barely got to eat anything. we'd have lunch together and she'd pull out a banana, a yogurt and about 15 pills of various colours and sizes. It was ridiculous. It worked, ya, but I mean.... look at how little she was eating? how could it NOT work??:huh: supplements are silly, why waste your money when you can do it au natural? :laugh:
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    I have just purchased a bottle of Hydroxicut<sp?> and I am starting on it today to see what effect it has on my body. If I feel anything weird... fast heart rate, irregular beats, whatever, I am off it faster than a cowboy on a get away train!!

I am going to start with the recommended 1 pill for the first week, then move up to their 2 pills. I shall let you know what I find.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    coffee