Can't believe I'm doing this....

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am from beautiful Southern California, you know where everyone is beautiful. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am currently a little shy of 300 lbs, I am 5'9" and for the most part carry my weight well, no one ever believes I weigh as much as I do.

I want to get down to 200lbs by the end of the year, I just turned 45 and know all this extra weight I am carrying around is not good for me.

I am mad at myself for allowing my weight to get out of control, but beleive with some support and accountability I will get back on track. Which is my reason for posting here. Please check in with me so we can help each other on this life long journey of eating well , being healthy and making exercise an enjoyable part of our daily lives.

I will keep you posted of my progress.....

Replies

• CaliSissta45
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am from beautiful Southern California, you know where everyone is beautiful. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am currently a little shy of 300 lbs, I am 5'9" and for the most part carry my weight well, no one ever believes I weigh as much as I do.

I want to get down to 200lbs by the end of the year, I just turned 45 and know all this extra weight I am carrying around is not good for me.

I am mad at myself for allowing my weight to get out of control, but beleive with some support and accountability I will get back on track. Which is my reason for posting here. Please check in with me so we can help each other on this life long journey of eating well , being healthy and making exercise an enjoyable part of our daily lives.

I will keep you posted of my progress.....
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards & good luck to you! You should look through the threads & find a good place to fit. I know there's currently a thread going around with people that have 100+ to lose & I'm sure you'd find some awesome support there! :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your journey!! There's a lot of helpful information and people here - you can do it! :drinker:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • treeves0721
    Options
    welcome to MFP! this is a great place to lose weight..i've only been here a week and i am ADDICTED!! good luck--you will do great!!

168704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou:
  • utexashorns
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from and I also have never joined an on line community until I did this a few days ago! Desperate times call for desperate measures, eh?

Anyway, I am fighting like crazy to get my weight back down again because I don't want to live like this anymore and I have truly had it with covering up and sucking it in!

Keep in touch! I may need encouragement sometime and of course I am here if you have any questions I may be able to help with!
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    here are a couple of the links that babybeans was talking about above:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46425-how-many-people

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41987-over-200-club-week-4-open-group

Welcome and we hope to see you around the boards! :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! You can do this!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I know first hand that it can be done.

Just take it a day at a time and treat your body well. It WILL reward you!! :drinker:

Let me know if I can help!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • CaliSissta45
    Options
    Thank you for the support everyone here is so friendly and welcoming, I feel its going to be different, this time.
  • CaliSissta45
    Options
    Thank you for the support everyone here is so friendly and welcoming, I feel its going to be different, this time.
  • debtherealtor
    Options
    Welcome. Good Luck!! Look forward to seeing you achieve your goals!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Cali,

You WILL BE SUCCESSFUL this time! When I started on here, I just knew it was different (I had previously started a diet every Monday for many, many Mondays!).

This program works, and you will reach your goal! Focus on 200, and you will see 200.

Good luck!
    Btw... I LOVE southern California - my favourite place to visit!
    :flowerforyou: