Turbo Fire

Options
Hi Guys & Gals!

So I'm on week 10 of Turbo Fire and I was wondering if anyone out there is experiencing the same as I am.......

I can only do like 2 jumps in a row; I can't jump like the people on the DVD. I'm going to make a sequel to the movie "White Men Can't Jump" and just call it "White Women Can't Jump"! And for the life of me I cannot do the air jacks very well at all! I thought I'd be able to crush these by week 10!

Then there is the Strengh and Tone for 30 minutes. I don't mind the bands for the floor exercises but I'd rather use weights for all the other. Thing is my upper body strength is not that great. I'm still only at 5 pounds. I think I'm chickening out though because sure it's hard and sometimes I give up but I'm not shaking like she says I should be. WOndering if I should go up to 8lb weights.

I also see people on here burning like 900-1000 calories doing some of these workouts and the most I've burnt doing any of the Turbo Fire classes is around 550. Sooooooo........am I pathetic or is anyone else out there in the same boat?

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE TURBO FIRE! I just hope I'm going at the right pace.

Thanks everyone!
Rhonda :ohwell:

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Don't give up with the weights - like one of the girls on another challenge I do says, your mind will give up before your body does, don't listen to your mind!

I haven't done Turbofire but when i'm working with weights in geeneral, I think the last rep you do should be really hard - and the last 1-2 reps of your last set I would say shaking is probably an accurate description sOMETIMES but it depends a lot for me on what I'm doing and how my eating has been and loads of other factors. Sometimes I don't experience it.

Also don't worry about the lower calorie burns, soemtimes those super high ones are from the MFP estimates or some other websites estimates. I NEVER burn at the higher end of things what MFP thinks I do - its pretty accurate on walking for me but the higher intensity stuff loses accuracy pretty quickly. It gives me ridonkulous burns for circuit training - often its double what I actually burn

Some people have said its very accurate for them but I dont' find it is. I think a 550 burn for 45min to an hour is fantastic. when I go to personal training I burn between 250 and 350 for that amount of time - probably because we do more heavy weights slower and a lot less jumping around.
  • CCarricato
    Options
    I've done Turbo Fire and I'm guessing that the jumps you are referring to are during the HIITs. At first I couldn't do all the jumps either, but I knew if I just bailed on it, I would never be able to do it. Regardless of the jump, whether it was an air jack, tuck jump, or frog jump, I would do as many as I could the right way and then for the remaining ones I would just jump straight up in the air. This way I was still keeping my heart rate up at that anaerobic rate and working my way up to being able to do the real jumps. Now, I can make it through a whole workout and do all the jumps. Like the previous response said, the majority of it is in your head. Just listed to Chalene, when she says, "You're not tired!" get a rush of energy. When she says not to listen to that voice telling you that you can't, don't listen!

As far as using the bands, why don't you try getting a lower weight resistance band? They sell a ton of different bands on teambeachbody.com. Are you registered there?

Cassie