Have you tracked @#$ and what kind of calories do you burn?

Okay so one of my friends posted a post that said sex burns about 4 calories a minute :love: . Anyone actually test this theory with a HRM or any other way? and if so how did you log it in MFP and how does it compare to 4 calories a minute?

Thanks :-) and please be mature about this people we are all adults here (I hope :laugh:)

Replies

• Riliye
    Riliye Posts: 44 Member
    I haven't tracked this, but I have to say I got a big laugh out of imagining approaching my husband about it. Because, ya know, HRM chest straps are *so* sexy. I can just imagine his face...

Hah! I am curious though. Now if only I had some slinky lingerie with a nice bra band to hide the strap under...buahaha.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Wow...I'd like to know the answer to that too!
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    oooh, I want to know the answer to this too!
  • So, that's like 20 calories per session?:explode:
  • ha ha just add it in as cardio.....vigerous effort maybe??? lol ive no idea either but if cleaning is listed as an exercise then so should sex LOL
    xx
  • That's it! I'm wearing my HRM watch next time! :smile:
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    I should test this...you know...for science :laugh:
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    I bet it differs by how much work you put into it and if you are on the giving or receiving end of things.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    I'd tell you but then all my friends would know what to look for in my exercise diary ;) ... and I'm friends with my Mom, may get awkward :)
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    My girlfriend and I were talking about this actually, but the whole idea of wearing my HRM to bed seems unusual.

And to be scientific it would have to be various types of sex over various periods of time.

I looked it up on line and was unable to find a reliable count of calories burned. It is very subjective of course.

S
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    lol so funny! Thanks for the giggle!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Ive been wondering this for a long time... Lol.

I would love some answers....
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    So, that's like 20 calories per session?:explode:

LOL. I think your husbands would love it. You should also try a variety of positions and see what happens when one of you is working harder than the other. Don't forget to log it. :-)
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    lol I actually have this under one of my workouts. and I have it at burning about 5 cal a min. and yes I have had friends post this. but then some of my family got on MFP and I didnt want them to see or know that lol.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    I bet it differs by how much work you put into it and if you are on the giving or receiving end of things.

This^

If you are receiving you might as well just log everytime you lay down and sleep :P
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    A five minute session?? Oy! But in all seriousness, this is an easy answer. Type it into google. Unfortunately, you would need to continue having se* for at least an hour, and vigorous se* at that, to really count it . But hey, 4 calories is 4 calories, so log away as "other"!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    That depends on so many things. That's like saying "running burns 10 calories per minute". Depends on your speed, weight, age, incline, resistance/terrain, VO2 Max, blood pressure, etc.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,757 Member
    MFP actually doesn't have it in their database. ;) I'd say about 4 calories/minute is about right, though.

This was actually something a friend of mine and I looked up online, just for kicks....never go to the answer, but this website had me LMAO!!! Warning, though, for those offended by the subject, don't open the site. I, personally, thought it was HILARIOUS!

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member

This^

If you are receiving you might as well just log everytime you lay down and sleep :P

If you think that's true, you're not doing it right. :laugh:
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member

This^

If you think that's true, you're not doing it right. :laugh:

Haha I must be doing it wrong then :( when I am receiving I just lay there and enjoy it.