Butt toning exercises?

Options
So a friend of a friend has lost about 36lbs and while they never had much of an *kitten*, with the weight loss it seems to be saggy/drooping. They hate that look and would really like to fix it!

What are some good exercises I can tell them to try that will tone and lift their bottom?

;)

Replies

• skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Lunges are great!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You mean, they have lost the same exact amount of weight as you?? Amazing! LOL. If you use a treadmill, increase the incline so you are going uphill. Otherwise, lunges are good.
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer buns & thighs definitely!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    squats!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a question, since I have a bad knee.. and lunges and squats aren't the most comfortable thing for me to do. Are there any exercises I can do without standing.. for the hiney?
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ellen Barrett's Pick Your Spot Pilates has a 10 min section for your butt. It whips mine into shape in no time :)
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    So a friend of a friend has lost about 36lbs and while they never had much of an *kitten*, with the weight loss it seems to be saggy/drooping. They hate that look and would really like to fix it!

What are some good exercises I can tell them to try that will tone and lift their bottom?

;)

hmmmmm ... seems this friend of a friend has lost the same amount of weight as yourself. :happy:
    We're not talking about YOUR butt now, are we??? hmmmm?

Hip thrusts are great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVlQhlKf-5Q
    You can start without weights too. This is easier on the knees than squats and lunges and some say more effective at raising your (excuse me, your friend of a friend's) tushy.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

;)

hmmmmm ... seems this friend of a friend has lost the same amount of weight as yourself. :happy:
    We're not talking about YOUR butt now, are we??? hmmmm?

Hip thrusts are great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVlQhlKf-5Q
    You can start without weights too. This is easier on the knees than squats and lunges and some say more effective at raising your (excuse me, your friend of a friend's) tushy.

Just a coincidence ;)
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have had really good success with Brazillian Butt Lift. I'm 50 and my bum looks better than it did 20 years ago. It was recommended on this site and I wish I could remember by whom because I owe them a big THANK YOU!!!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer buns & thighs definitely!!

I just bought this, and it is definately a killer. Jillian Michaels is evil. :devil:
  • CCarricato
    Options
    I was also going to suggest Brazil Butt Lift....Here are 2 sites that you can check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQ8shI3TW and http://tinyurl.com/BrazilBL

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cassie
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and deadlifts are the most effective. Also do different variations of them not just the basics!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, leg presses with your feet high on the platform, glute kickbacks, glute bridges to name a few.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    GHR's, heavy deadlifts
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and deadlifts are the most effective. Also do different variations of them not just the basics!

This. With weights.

Try a 100 squat challenge 3x per week. Do 100 squats with weights (45lb Olympic bar would be a good start) in a row, with minimal rest. Your butt will be screaming!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich's Butts and Guts! This DVD is filled with walking lunges, one-leg squats (the other one propped on the step behind you), firewalkers, EVERYTHING!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch you can do on all fours.. will try to find a link to some later. One of them is go on all fours (hands and knees) and stick one leg straight out behind you. Then you can pulse it up and down. Do a bunch of reps.
    Another one - same starting position - pull your right knee in towards your chest, then extend it and lift it behind you. Don't jerk your back though, you don't want to injure your back.
    Another - same starting position - this time imagine a dog lifting its leg and peeing (no joke). Keeping your knee bent at 90 degrees, lift your right leg out towards the side.
    Another - Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the ground. Now lift your hips off the ground so that the only parts of your body still on the floor are your feet and your upper back/shoulders.

One the first three become too easy, use a pair of ankle weights. Walking uphill is also good.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch you can do on all fours.. will try to find a link to some later. One of them is go on all fours (hands and knees) and stick one leg straight out behind you. Then you can pulse it up and down. Do a bunch of reps.
    Another one - same starting position - pull your right knee in towards your chest, then extend it and lift it behind you. Don't jerk your back though, you don't want to injure your back.
    Another - same starting position - this time imagine a dog lifting its leg and peeing (no joke). Keeping your knee bent at 90 degrees, lift your right leg out towards the side.
    Another - Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the ground. Now lift your hips off the ground so that the only parts of your body still on the floor are your feet and your upper back/shoulders.

One the first three become too easy, use a pair of ankle weights. Walking uphill is also good.

thank you!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    look up 1 legged squats AKA pistol squats

not only are they great for the gluts (butt) but also great for core and quads as well as they force you to become more stable.