Sick :(

Options
Hey guys- I haven't been feeling 100% well yesterday and today and today i'm worse. I want soooo much to do my 30 minute workout tonight because i didn't yesterday but i'm SO tired and run down. What do you all think I should do? Push through it, which I can, or give myself a rest?? I'm really really conflicted.

Replies

• auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Must bee in the air I'm there with ya... Idid my workout today but didn't give it 100% just going to rest the rest of the day... Don' stress tho a day or 2 of rest is ok...
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Rest!! If your not well your body is working hard enough trying to sort that out. Dont over do it. Your body will thank you for it.
  • cheri868
    Options
    I think you should take it easy today and give your body a chance to heal itself. There is always tomorrow.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I would suggest at most doing a slow walk. That way you're doing some activity but not taxing your system. If you run yourself down your immune system won't be able to fight whatever it is that you're sick from. Oh and take some vitamin C and lots of fluids :) Hope you feel better!
  • gumpshrimp
    gumpshrimp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    if u really feel u cant do it then dont push yourself and concentrate on getting well or give exercising a try and say if after 10 minutes u really cant do it and dont feel well enough then give up , but sometimes the exercise will make u feel better, thats wot i try to do most of the time it dont work but at least i can say i tried , any way hope u feel better soon x

10993513.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I think i needed to hear it from others to not feel guilty! What a great site for support. thanks again :)
  • MindyLynn77
    Options
    rest rest rest!!! If you cant give it your all without struggling, it means you need to REST!! Then you can kill it when you feel better :)
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating heathy food and give your body a little rest
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same place woke up with a cold yesterday morning and after talking to my trainer we decided I should get outside and walk instead which felt great! Only thing is I wake up this morning and feel worse than yesterday and will likely have to skip my class tonight but I am hoping a walk puts some pep in my step tonight. If its nice weather where you are get outside and breathe some fall air it feels like it helps even if it is only for a few min

hope you get better!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same place woke up with a cold yesterday morning and after talking to my trainer we decided I should get outside and walk instead which felt great! Only thing is I wake up this morning and feel worse than yesterday and will likely have to skip my class tonight but I am hoping a walk puts some pep in my step tonight. If its nice weather where you are get outside and breathe some fall air it feels like it helps even if it is only for a few min

hope you get better!

Thank you! I did take it easy- on my breaks at work I took ten minute walks, not going too fast but enough to get my going a little. That's great advice. Take it easy, get some good nutrtion in there, and once you feel better, hop right back into it! I took it easy for two days and now i'm ten times better and ready to at it more than ever. Feel better soon! (and btw, you look beautiful in you profile pic!)