Strength training and calories

Options
I have been doing a small mix of strength training while I’m doing my weight lost shred (90% cardio, 10% strength) . But how come strength training don’t count towards you calories burns in the exercise section? The way I gauge a work out is in the following three areas, 1) I can talk for long periods of time during the work then that is a low effort, 2) if I can say a sentence during the work out then that medium effort 3) if I’m completely winded and really can’t say anything other than breath that is high effort.

So is there a way to figure out a ball park figure on what strength training burns during a workout?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Enter "strength training" in the cardio section to get an estimate of calories burned.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    you can find Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) in the cardio part of exercise :)
  • delainedecker
    delainedecker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually use a hrm whenever I workout and find that helps me a lot. But I like the previous comment, maybe just enter strength training into the cardio. I haven't actually looked for it myself, but it's probably there. Good luck.
  • kizzyvasta
    kizzyvasta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can go to the cardio section of exercise tracking and it has a listing for strength training. Just put the amount of time you strength trained for and it will give you calories burned.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Good topic, I've been wondering myself...didn't know u can put it in the cardio section. I'll have to start doing that now
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    It's actually really difficult to calculate calories burned even with an HRM. There's lots of factors at play and a fair bit of the "burn" happens later on.