I'm stuck!!

Options
I have been stuck within 2-3 pounds up and down for months now. I workout very hard, and I eat a very clean diet. I just don't know what else I can try. I have tried decreasing and increasing both my workouts, and calories, in every combination I can think of. I eat really clean, and I think that my body is just programmed to be stuck here... very discouraging with all of my dedication!

I normally only use the quick calories feature, because it is quick and easy, but my diet stays pretty much the same everyday. A typical day is:

7 am- Protein shake with Chia seeds and unsweetened almond milk- 200 cals
10 am- Hard boiled egg and 1 slice eskiel bread, or hemp bread- 150 cals
2 pm- Salad with chicken breast and lots of veggies, homemade dressing- 350 cals
5 pm- homemade granola bar, yogurt, or fruit- 150-200 cals
7:30 pm- Veggies, chicken breast, quinoa/sweet potatoe/ or brown rice
10 pm- 1 Cup pineapple, 1 cup frozen grapes

Workout week:

Monday-
Chest/Back/Abs 45 mins
Spin class 60 mins

Tuesday-
Body Pump class 60 mins
Spin class 60 mins

Wednesday-
Step Sculpt class 60 mins
Run 1 to 3 miles

Thursday-
Yoga 60 mins
Step Sculpt or Spin class 60 mins

Friday-
Body pump 60 mins

The only thing I haven't tried cutting out is my fruit at night. It's my treat after a long day, and I enjoy it so much... I know it's a lot of sugar, especially at that time, but if I don't earn that I will just keep this 7 lbs! lol... Could that be it?? Is the fruit really that bad?

If anyone has any insight I would love to hear it!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're eating enough for the amount of exercise you are doing. but, yeah, I saw that you said you adjusted calories upwards and that didn't help. how long did you try that for?

also, you might want to switch from long, boring cardio to HIIT. try doing sprint interval training 3x per week for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I dropped carbs and lost 5 lb instantly... ate a potato and 2 lbs gone back on! :sad:
  • kizzyvasta
    kizzyvasta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Carbs make you retain water. So what you lost when you cut out the carbs was, I'm sure, water weight and then when you ate the carb it caused a weight gain. Not real weight, just water.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I adjusted them to 1500 on the days I workout, and kept it between 1200-1300 on the days I don't. I normally burn 400-600 calories in my workouts. I was just thinking about skipping some of my cardio classes and doing some HIITT. I will start that next week!
    I don't think you're eating enough for the amount of exercise you are doing. but, yeah, I saw that you said you adjusted calories upwards and that didn't help. how long did you try that for?

also, you might want to switch from long, boring cardio to HIIT. try doing sprint interval training 3x per week for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh my!!
    I dropped carbs and lost 5 lb instantly... ate a potato and 2 lbs gone back on! :sad: