Avocado?

2»

Replies

• sugarnspicere
    sugarnspicere Posts: 45 Member
    I put it in salads a lot
  • OMG I abosolutely love avocado's!!!!
    I eat them on everything I can. Mostly salads and sandwiches.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    avocado soup (started in spain; it's delicious!)
    avocado and grapefruit salad with poppyseed dressing (recipe at oneperfectbite.blogspot.com)
    brie, bacon, lettuce tomato and avocado sandwich (this will be served everyday in heaven)
    use to make chocolate pudding (very creamy consistency)
    mixed with mexican crema and green tabasco on fish tacos
    sliced thick and grilled, rolled in salt and pepper
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    We have ours either on a salad with tomatoes and mozarella, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, or made into guacamole or mashed up on granary toast with lemon juice and pepper on the top.

Oh my, that sounds wonderful!
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    I use it in place of mayo on a sandwich.
    First, I sprinkle it with garlic powder.
    Then I put it in a wrap with tomato, lettuce, bacon (optional, but tasty), and deli turkey.
    Yum :)
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    I throw mine into my sandwiches and salads and it nixes the need for condiments or dressing since it's so full of flavor...yummy!!
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! I can't wait to try some of these out :happy:
  • This morning I mashed up 1/4 of an avocado and spread it on some whole-wheat toast. It was delicious! A nice change.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    The best way to keep an avocado from turning brown is to keep it with the pit. I cut mine in half, use what I plan to and store all the pieces in the same covered bowl. It doesn't turn and actually helps keep it fresh!

Wow! Thanks! I was just wondering how to keep it from going brown.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    bump because i bought avocado's on sale yesterday and need ideas.
  • stripeycat_nz
    stripeycat_nz Posts: 4 Member
    Chocomole is great! There are a few different variations around on the internet.

http://www.tabatathis.com/?p=230

My kids like avocado, banana and some frozen berries pureed up together - it's a bit like a mousse - yum!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I remove the pit and fill the hole with tuna salads or shrimps :) (or as my mum used to do on Christmas eve, with fish roe. But I guess you don't want to eat that)
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    bump!!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Those are all awesome suggestions! ... I'll even spread some avocado on whole wheat waffles. yum!!!