I must be seeing things

Options
Have been on MFP for 50 days and have signficantly improved my nutrition and got back into regular exercise. So far nil changes on scales or tape measure. But I could swear I can see a difference - my arms look more defined and I have calf muscles for the first time. Is it possible to change yet this not be reflected at all in measurements - would have thought it meant I had lost some body fat but the waist and hips measurement say nope!

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Just keep being consistent with your calorie intake, macronutrient intake, water, sleep, everything. Keep the mirror and the scale in your back pocket...you'll be fine.

Make sure that you are constantlly monitoring what your calorie TDEE level is. (Calorie burn in 24 hr period)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    thats great!! go by what you see in the mirror. if you can see the change in definition, then you have more then changed yourself.
  • mbaldan
    mbaldan Posts: 35
    Options
    Are you weighing in wearing the same things?
    Also, it is sort of possible - arms lose the fat but gain the muscle sort of thing. But I would think that your waiste would shrink. :noway:
  • marshy221
    Options
    You are probably losing fat but gaining muscle which means you won't see much of a change just yet! Besides the toning of your body! But that is a good sign if you are seeing changes
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If you lost some fat and gained some muscle, your weight and measurements may not change but you will see the results that you speak of. Keep it up!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Just keep being consistent with your calorie intake, macronutrient intake, water, sleep, everything. Keep the mirror and the scale in your back pocket...you'll be fine.

Make sure that you are constantlly monitoring what your calorie TDEE level is. (Calorie burn in 24 hr period)

Will do - have had this worked out to give me a goal of about 1033 cals a day - I know that is low but it takes into account these blasted beta blockers. TEE is calculated at about 1476 (12x weight to allow for drug related slowed metabolism) then a 30% deficit for gradual fat loss.
  • ExtremePHIT
    Options
    it will definitely take time and different parts will change at a different pace. This reminds me of a quote I heard, "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body."
    Keep up the great work and it will all pay off.
  • brandy1castillo
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing I am going through the same thing. The scale won't move the tape hasn't moved (I thought) come to find out that my body was going through some major changes. Trying to balance out come to find out I was lossing in places that can't really be measured or I was not tracking all the places that I could be losing weight from like my arms upper and lower and wrist. Or all of your leg upper calf ankle. SO for the longest time my waist and hips stayed the same the scale stayed the same but I lost a lot off my arms. I can't tell you how much cause I never measured more than 5 inches I think lol. So I kept eatting the same 1200 + exercise cals and after about 5 weeks I started to lose weight again. Do stress about it now I just think about it as this is just what I do now the weight has to come off some time I am eatting better working out when I can. you can't go wrong just hang in there.

Best wishes we will get there. :)