Movie Night

Options
decided i'm taking myself to the movies tonight! well myself and whoever i decide to ask. unfortunately i'm always getting popcorn at the movies, but my mini goal however is to only have a tiny bit! not looking to forbid myself of anything, just working on moderation which this fatty needs! has anyone seen any good movies lately? i see nearly every movie, but i'm just curious as to what you guys have been watching! =)

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Blue Valentine was superb.

Other favorites: Pirate Radio, Almost Famous, Tombstone, V for Vendetta and Atonement are probably my top 5.

I don't even know what movies are out currently :(
  • obstacleone
    Options
    I took my daughters to the lion king 3d which was awesome.

You're right, don't deny yourself anything, it's all about moderation.

Movies that are out there I want to see would be money ball, contagion and uhmm that's about it.
  • lisacornell
    lisacornell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Saw Moneyball a couple of weeks ago. It was really good.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options

Other favorites: Pirate Radio, Almost Famous, Tombstone, V for Vendetta and Atonement are probably my top 5.

I've heard Blue Valentine was good, I have to watch it.
    Loved Pirate Radio, Almost Famous and V for Vendetta. I haven't seen Attonement but want to. Lastly, I've never heard of Tombstone.
  • lazybis
    lazybis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i don't have any movie suggestions.but i can suggest something else.Whenever I go to the cinema, I try to go with a full tummy so I eat less.(i too can't imagine watching a movie without popcorn!)..enjoy :)
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Saw Moneyball a couple of weeks ago. It was really good.

I'm interested in seeing that. Not a fan of how Brad Pitt is portrayed in the media, but like Tom Cruise....I love him for his acting ability.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    i don't have any movie suggestions.but i can suggest something else.Whenever I go to the cinema, I try to go with a full tummy so I eat less.(i too can't imagine watching a movie without popcorn!)..enjoy :)

Thanks, that's good advice! I'm there at least once a week, so this is no small problem lol.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have only heard good things about Moneyball. I also really want to see Contagion.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options

Movies that are out there I want to see would be money ball, contagion and uhmm that's about it.

Aww. If I had someone little, I would have loved to have gone with them to see lion king. I saw contagion, it's a really good movie. I saw it with a date at imax and we were the only ones there. It was freaky when I was walking to my car because I had to walk through an empty mall!
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    I have only heard good things about Moneyball. I also really want to see Contagion.

Definitely see Contagion, it was great.
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Aww. If I had someone little, I would have loved to have gone with them to see lion king. I saw contagion, it's a really good movie. I saw it with a date at imax and we were the only ones there. It was freaky when I was walking to my car because I had to walk through an empty mall!

Worth seeing the Lion king anyway haha. Went with a bunch of friends my age, felt a little weird but wouldn't miss it for the world.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options

Worth seeing the Lion king anyway haha. Went with a bunch of friends my age, felt a little weird but wouldn't miss it for the world.

haha nice!
  • obstacleone
    Options

haha nice!

Me and my ex wife and well the majority of the adults in the crowd were singing along to the songs. It was a great time.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like to sneak in my own sacks... Particularly Pirates Booty!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    50-50
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Loved Pirate Radio, Almost Famous and V for Vendetta. I haven't seen Attonement but want to. Lastly, I've never heard of Tombstone.
    Tombstone is a great movie. I think Val Kilmer deserved an Oscar for his portrayal of Doc Holliday. He was amazing!

I live in Tucson, so we get down to Tombstone every so often to wander around. The movie was shot in the area so most of the scenery is pretty authentic.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options

haha nice!

Me and my ex wife and well the majority of the adults in the crowd were singing along to the songs. It was a great time.

that's cute
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    I like to sneak in my own sacks... Particularly Pirates Booty!

I normally sneak in a soda (lately it's been more water than soda luckily), but I love the movie-theater popcorn so i don't mind paying for it (plus i should be making myself pay for the bad decision to eat it)
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    50-50

I really want to see this. Interested to see how it plays out.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options

Tombstone is a great movie. I think Val Kilmer deserved an Oscar for his portrayal of Doc Holliday. He was amazing!

I live in Tucson, so we get down to Tombstone every so often to wander around. The movie was shot in the area so most of the scenery is pretty authentic.

That's pretty awesome. I want to visit places that have been in movies! That's something on my list of fun things to do!