Dukan Diet

Just wondering if anyone out here has try the Dukan Diet? I started did it last week and fell off the band wagon on Thursday and I had already put in 3 good days. My sister has losted a lot of weight on this diet. I know that I need to do something different because just counting calories or points my body says oh I have seen this before and does not do very well. Just a little back ground I had lost a total of 85 pounds on WW and now have put back on 20. I just would really like to take off atleast 10 but struggle so much with motivation. Ok that is my story just let me know if anyone has try this diet and if they have any success with it or tips to stick the the Attack phase.

Replies

• Im doing it at the moment. 5 days and no change...maybe Im doing something wrong?!?!?
  • adevereux
    adevereux Posts: 17 Member
    I'm on day 14. I did 10 days of attack and I'm down 8.5 lbs and inches have come off. I'm seeing definition in my jaw line, and noticed the muscle tone in the calves as well. I've stuck pretty solid to the allowed foods and water. I'm finding all kinds of recipes and going to the Dukan site for more everyday. I lost weight last fall on MFP, but got tired of the counting and just stopped, put some back on and then a Dr (actually a plastic surgeon) told me about DUKAN, I bought the book that day. I'm finding it pretty simple, yes there is more work, but I'm surprised at how I like actually preparing my food not just "add water" if you know what I mean. I have a business retreat next week, I'm a bit nervous right now about how 3 days away and what foods they'll have to offer will affect my progress. Friend me, I'd love to stay in touch, I'm also on the DUKAN-US facebook group. It REALLY helps, great support their too.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    hey, i am in week two of phase 2 and iv so far lost 10lbs. this is amazing for me cos nothing i was doing was shifting the weight.

i am getting a bit bored for meal ideas and i could quite happily turn vegetarian now but the results just keep motivating me!!

i have cheated i wont lie, i would have lost more no doubt if i stuck to it properly but sometimes it is unavoidable but you must make up for it the following few days to get back on track.

people are noticing a difference and thats the main thing to me. i dont have to ask people if i look like iv lost weight, they are coming up to me and asking me if i have!
  • Out of interest...do you guys (for whom it IS working) count calories? Do you eat non-fat, sugar free yogurt? Do you exercise?

I must be doing something wrong. I do all of the above, but still....NO CHANGE!

Thank you!
  • adevereux
    adevereux Posts: 17 Member
    Have you read the book? I do the 20mins in attack phase and the 30 mins in cruise (where I am now) of exercise. I use my exercise bike or treadmill. There are very clear approved food for the Pure Protein attack phase and then through each phase. I find the most important thing is to not use processed foods with hidden sugars, fat a sodium. I'm 10lbs down today at 18 days in. If you don't have the book, meassage me and I'll send you the aproved food lists and some recipies I've been using.
  • Hi adevereux

Thanks for your message. yeah- I have the book and have been following it religiously. meat, meat more meat, fat free yogurt, fat free milk, diet coke and gum. That's my diet. BUT nothing is happening still. I have been working out harder to try and see if that changes anything. Still nothing. ARGH!