New and excited but also very nervous

Options
I just joined this Monday and have really been trying hard. I have been under my calorie count everyday but I am not starving. I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to lose. I can't exercise due to a legs problem so I have been doing bicep curls to try and get my cardio up. Wanted to join this group because I have a long way to go and it seems some of the members do too so who better to understand thanks someone in the same boat as me. I really hope to make friends with a lot of you so we can encourage each other. Everyone needs a little help now & then. So, like i said excited but nervous. Weigh in day is Sunday morning. Kind of anxious to see how it goes. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome . For cardio try adding punches. You can do them seated and they will boost your heart rate.
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    welcome. having friends really helps. enjoy the experience cos this is where life gets better. you can friend me if you like
  • bombshellintraining18
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    welcome! im not sure if you keep up with the biggest loser but there is a contestant on there that is injured as well. The coach has her doing alot of arm stuff, i havent paid much attn but shes still been able to lose weight! i hope thats motivating :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome and good luck.
  • mom2hounds
    Options
    I never thought about those. Thank you so much. I'll try that tonight. That's great!!!!!!!!!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    welcome thats exactly how I felt at the start friend me if you wish ,no worries,best of luck I weigh in on sundays too!
  • Tantrisis
    Options
    Hi There: I just started this week also and my weigh in is on Saturday, how ever I have managed twice to go over my calories this week because I did not know the counter turn red when you've gone overboard. Now that I have that settled, I have made some progress, I am drinking more water, I started taking a multi vitamin and got out for two power walks this week, today I carried 30 lbs of groceries to remind me that I need to be eating healthy food and that is the extra weight that I cart around with me every day.
    So Welcome and I hope this is the key to the door that will help you loose all those unwanted pounds.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    You can also lose plenty of weight just with diet. What I found works for me is restricting carbohydrates to get the the weekly weight loss I am looking for (about 1 lb a week) Sure I am not losing weights like contestents of the biggerst loser or anything but I did take my time putting it on so makes sense that it should also take time to come off.
  • mom2hounds
    Options
    I'm gonna check that out Thanks!
  • mom2hounds
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss of 59 lbs. That wonderful! Hope I can do the same
  • DanyelleKimberly
    DanyelleKimberly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Momma 2 don't be nervous about it. You made the first and hardest step- trying. We all love you and are here for you. The scale is something we all fear but regardless what the scale says you feeling good is what matters! I think you doing the Arm curls is great!
  • mom2hounds
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great!
    Thanks for the encouragement!!