Just made a light apple crisp (w/recipe)

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I had leftover apples from apple picking last weekend and just made this really yummy apple crisp, thought I'd share the recipe ;)

4 apples, sliced (didn't peel for higher fiber content)
4 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter

Slice the apples and put in 9x9 pan, dust with cinnamon (and nutmeg-I didn't have any), and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees (preheated), covered with foil.

In a bowl, mix the oats, sugar, cinnamon, and I chopped the butter into small pieces. You can add walnuts too (have the highest amount of omega fatty acids of all the nuts), but I didn't have any today. Mix it up with your hands so it's crumbly.

After the 20 minutes take the apples out and pour the mixture over, recover with foil and bake another 35 minutes.

For 9 servings, it has 145 calories and 3 grams of fat (without the nuts). And it's really yummy!

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    And 3 grams of fiber per serving!! I think my pan was not 9x9 actually though, probably a little bigger.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yummmm!!!!!!!! I LOVE apple crisp!!! My reciepe really isn't that healthy though )= thanks for a better one!! :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    great recipe....You can improve it even more by using 4 tbs of honey instead of the brown sugar and substituting the butter for coconut oil.
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Love apple crisp too! Yum. Like the coconut oil idea too. Was wondering how quinoa would be in place of the oats? Worth a shot! thanks for sharing.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bookmark for later
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    This sounds like a fantastic idea! mmmmm... also - apple picking also sounds like a fantastic idea - I wonder if there is a place to do so in/around Chicago?
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Stealing this for sure! It's apple picking season here in Central New York! I am looking forward to fresh baked apple pies and crisps! :-) Thanks a ton for sharing!

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    275178_1637471464_4786429_q-1.jpg
  • hawkgurl
    Options
    Yum!! Definitely will try!!
  • 5kforme
    Options
    yum, I'm saving this one!
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ooh! This one is going in the recipe book!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    bumping for this weekend!
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love apple crisp! I add blueberrys and use Splenda brown sugar. MMMmm
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Been craving apple crisp (I can tell it's totally fall when I get this craving :laugh: ) and found this thread. Gonna try it tomorrow! Thanks :bigsmile: