Giving the 17 Day Diet a chance!

Options
Hello All!

I have had a membership for almost a year. Sadly, my weight slider has been stagnant. I am hoping to jumpstart things with the new 17 Day Diet. "Anybody can do anything for 17 days!"

Replies

• pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    "Anybody can do anything for 17 days!"

I can't not pee for 17 days......just sayin!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am just starting cycle 1. There is a whole thread on this with people doing diet. Search for 17 dd and u will find it. Good luck!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Dr. Moreno is my doctor! I LOVE HIM....he's the best doc I have ever had! (he wrote the book The 17 Day Diet)
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started it today. I was on it for 17 days in July and lost 10 pounds but then I went on vacation and decided to take a break from it and never started it back up when I got back.
  • tlc1222
    tlc1222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this diet since July. I have lost a little over 35 pounds. If you can stick to you, you will see amazing results. You can send me friend request if you'd like. Good luck!
  • aporter1
    aporter1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on week two of the 17 Day Diet and have lost close to 6.5 lbs!! It requires planning but has been really easy! Best of luck and def feel free to add me as friend!!!
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    I'm starting the 17 day diet this weekend! I'm anxious and a little scared. There's a big part of me worried that either I'll own it and not lose weight or I won't be able to stick to it and binge out of deprivation of the foods I love.

Anyone out there that is having success with us, please add me! I need all the support I can get! Also, anyone else trying it for the first time, feel free to add me too!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 17 day diet this weekend! I'm anxious and a little scared. There's a big part of me worried that either I'll own it and not lose weight or I won't be able to stick to it and binge out of deprivation of the foods I love.

Anyone out there that is having success with us, please add me! I need all the support I can get! Also, anyone else trying it for the first time, feel free to add me too!

I agree, the 17 Day Diet is scary.

But it promises a lot.

On a side note, there are many here having success with simple clean eating and excersize. Maybe you could consider adding some of us as friends, you know.. to encourage you to general health and well being as opposed to 'jump starts, quick fixes, fads, and gimmicks.'
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

I agree, the 17 Day Diet is scary.

But it promises a lot.

On a side note, there are many here having success with simple clean eating and excersize. Maybe you could consider adding some of us as friends, you know.. to encourage you to general health and well being as opposed to 'jump starts, quick fixes, fads, and gimmicks.'

^^ THIS

add lots of friends who will encourage you to eat well and get exercise. change your life for the better, don't go on a diet.

:flowerforyou:
  • kathyhughes3
    Options
    I love the 17 Day Diet. It works for me - 50 lbs in just a little over 4 months. Please feel free to friend me.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    you know it is not for 17 days you need to stick to it over an over again. i read up on it never tried it because i dont have that much to lose.
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    Thank you for your comments everyone!!

I have never tried a "fad" diet before because, I, like most of you here, am skeptical about the nutritional levels not being healthy for you and it just being a temporary fix for those without will power. However, this diet revolves around alternating cycles with differing foods and calorie intake, which I have read in almost every "diet" book, is conducive to losing weight. My goal here is to lose 40-50 pounds, reaching an optimal weight for my height, then maintain a healthy lifestyle there on out. I have mastered maintaining my weight within 5 pounds; however I need a boost to get the rest of this excess off.

Here goes nothin'!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Dr. Moreno is my doctor! I LOVE HIM....he's the best doc I have ever had! (he wrote the book The 17 Day Diet)

Soo jealous...he sounds great. What area/ state is he in?