NOT NEW BUT NEED HELP AND ADVICE

Options
I have been doing this a little over 3 months, with very little weight loss. Help? What am I doing wrong? I eat my calories daily, do not go over unless I earn more thru exercise. Confused, feeling hopeless.

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I found the video Fat Head to be very eye opening
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

Also check out the book Why We Get Fat and What to Do about it

I have lost all of my weight following this information, and it only took a few months to do it.
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Aww, don't feel hopeless. There will be a reason, it takes a bit of fiddling to get going I think. Are you measuring your portions or just guessing? That could be it. Or maybe you're not eating enough calories - MFP set my goal at 1200 but I learned that I lose better at 1400. Are you drinking enough? Maybe it's fluid retention?
  • livebelieving
    Options
    Keep going. I am doing no alcohol or fizzy drink, little to no processed food ( absolutely zero bakery products) and miles of water. Try that
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It will be easier for people to help you if you open your food diary.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to lose weight? Are you working out, if so, what types of workouts, how often, and what is the duration? If you are doing strength training then you could be losing inches and the scale not move.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my system needs a shock, so I do a 180 on the types of foods I consume. Lots of fiber, water, and no take-out or cokes. Throw in some significant weight training and intervals and your body can only surrender! I really works...esp for those of us who have been walking around in the ol' bod for some time!

Try not to get discouraged...it's kinda exciting reshaping ourselves :flowerforyou:
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. New friends are welcome! Will try now to get back on track and incorporate things I haven't before, may be in denial?
    :blushing:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Also if you don't have much to lose it's harder and you could change your settings to less pounds per week. Could be that you're not eating enough and your holding on to the calories you are eating.