Sometimes thing just piss me off

Options
Sometimes things really get to me like learning things about people online. The people you think you are close to, the ones that could easily just have a conversation with about what's on their mind. I ten to be an open book and I don't make excuses for that. I expect honesty and openess from the people around me. So it's really hard when someone acts one way with you then another when the audience is different. All we have is each other and if we are being duallistic with each other then we might as well just be out right lying. it's disheartening and makes my motivation plummet to the bottom of the pit of my stomach.

Replies

• amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things really get to me like learning things about people online. The people you think you are close to, the ones that could easily just have a conversation with about what's on their mind. I ten to be an open book and I don't make excuses for that. I expect honesty and openess from the people around me. So it's really hard when someone acts one way with you then another when the audience is different. All we have is each other and if we are being duallistic with each other then we might as well just be out right lying. it's disheartening and makes my motivation plummet to the bottom of the pit of my stomach.

Nice post! Im going through stuff like this in my personal life and its frustrating! I too see my life as an open book and its disrespectful for other people to lie and tell 1/2 truths when you're always truthful with them. Keep your head up! :)
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    No offense... but while I enjoy my MFP buddies on here, they have great tips and they offer awesome support. With that being said, I do not expect them to be a certain way. This is an online community and therefore some people (not all) may take on a different persona. While this online community is a wonderful world of support... I find that the people that support me the most are the ones that I can hug in real life.
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You just described my ex-husband. I was as open and honest as I could be - total open book. And I thought he was being the same with me. 3 months into the marriage, I find out not so. I tried as hard as I could, but when he wasn't trying too, it had to end. (just shy of 5 years...)

So sad - over the loss of the marriage, sure, but also that he couldn't be 100% honest with me. I don't think I'll ever understand why people choose to play those games.