I am new here and I need some friends too! (and some food ti

Options
Hello all. I am new here. Only been here for a few days. I have Multiple Sclerosis which makes my journey a little more challenging, but hey, that's what'll make my story that much more interesting, right? lol. I need some friends that'll help me along the way. Btw-anyone know where I can get some nutritional help? Right now my obstacle is the food part. I am a true southerner and I have no idea how to eat healthy and stay full at the same time. Nice to be here and can't wait to meet you guys!!
Let the journey begin!! Woo-Hoo!!

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like, i try to be encouraging and answer any questions i know the answer to. i've only been here three weeks, but i'm getting the hang of it and getting some results.
  • kenja79
    kenja79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh btw- I am 32 yo, 5'5 and weigh about 215. I am looking to lose about 50+ pounds. So I have some work ahead of me :)
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will really love the support you get from the people on this site. I personally love Oxygen magazine, which promotes clean eating and good nutrition. I'm not a strict "clean" eater, but I do try to eat pretty healthy for the most part.

Best wishes in your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Food is a tough thing to conquer, I grew up with very southern eating habits and man, I just didn't know what I was putting into my body. I'd say step one is deciding you are going to change, and step two would be start logging EVERYTHING you eat. It isn't easy, but that's the best way to find those trigger foods that are baaaad.
    Feel free to friend me :)
  • katieg2289
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    Welcome! When I started last month, my doctor and nutritionist both suggested multiple small meals a day. Beef jerky, nuts, veggies, fruit...etc. Eat small portions and limit potatoes/pasta/heavy breads.
    I found some good recipes at Cooking Light. I also bought a food scale and weigh out correct portions.
    Add me if you would like!
  • efriling
    efriling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there & welcome!!! I've only been here 2 weeks myself, but I've logged everyday and lost 8.8 lbs so far, so I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. I'm 32, 5'4" and 246 at the moment, I'm aiming for 135 so I have a ways to go as well. Oh, and I just moved to MN, from Mobile, AL....so I KNOW the southern food for sure!!! You're more than welcome to add me and I'll give you all the support, advice, & encouragement as I can. Good luck on your journey, remember that each day is a new beginning so don't get discouraged if you slip every once in a while, you've made an important first step, just get comfortable logging what you eat....whatever it is! Even if it puts you over for the first few days/week it will really help you recognize what you are eating and make you more familiar with your portions. Then try to look at your problem areas, where you are over and look at what type of foods you like and could maybe substitute to keep you full longer. Then add in some exercise gradually and you will really see a difference. The MFP community it great, there's lots of advice- but also lots of opinions, in the end read the blogs/forums and take what you can from them that help you. There is no ONE way to do this, do what works for you. Best of luck with your health goals!!!

-Erin
  • kenja79
    kenja79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys so much! You sure know how to make a gal feel welcome ;)

11656986.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter