On the right track!!

Options
I'm 29 years old turning 30 in 3 weeks. This has been a very trying time for me because I have heard that after 30 your body tends to lose the metabloism you've always had alot quicker!! I like to think I'm in pretty good shape but about a month ago I was playing around on the Wii Fit with my 7yr old son and when my weight popped up, he looked at me and said, "Whoa, mom!" That's all the clarification I needed to begin this journey.

I have always had a complex about my weight. In high school, I was always the "bigger" friend. Although I never weighed more than150lbs then, my weight continued to increase. When I met my husband, I was actually at my highest then (for that time). As I got more comfortable, I gained more weight. After having our son, I lost about 50 lbs and looked really good, I thought! Then life passes you a curve ball. We got a divorce and almost 3 years later found our way back to one another. I had another child since and again got comfortable. The weight packed on and I started to feel like I was disgusting to look at. As I said before, it has taken me turning 30 and my 7 yr old innocent son to get this ball rolling for me. Finally, a healthy, smart way. I am currently on the Body by VI 90 day challenge and since the start of this regimen, I have lost a total of 14 lbs. I'm starting to feel better about myself and my life. When I heard about this site and being able to track everything, it makes this journey alot easier.

Hopefully by the end of my 90 days, I will look and feel like a new woman entering a new chapter in life!!!

Danielle

Replies

• johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Firstly welcome to the site. Great that you found it and I am sure you will meet your targets. Yes the body does change as you get older but we are all individuals and it is not that you suddenly wake up and your metabolism has changed. Everyone is different changes take place over a period of years. I must say that I am definitely fitter now (at late 50s) and in better shape than when I was 30. I am also lighter now thanks to MFP. You will do it I am sure!
  • moorepr28
    Options
    You are on the right path. What does that plan include? I am always looking for more things to stay motivated because its easy to get into a routine and it ends up not being fun causing you to lose interest. The people on this site are really cool. It helps to have the extra support and motivation. Keep reminding yourself what your motivation is and continue to use all the avenues to stay on top of your goal. I know that you can do it. I am 30 and I have just started this journey again. I look forward to being able to explore all that life has for me as a healthier me. Keep up the good work and please keep in touch on your progress. I am rooting for you.:)
  • Dmbrown81
    Options
    Thank you very much. The Body by VI is a shake system. You supplement 2 meals a day for 90 days. The shakes are definitely unlike any other shake. You can add fruit, sugar free; fat-free pudding mixes among other things. It's been pretty good for me and to boot my mom is doing it with me. I know when I tell people it's a meal supplement they are automatically turned off BUT it has really worked for me and I notice a big change in my appetite. I'm actually losing more inches than weight at the moment.
    I really apprecitate the positive feedback. It's very encouraging and helpful!!! Good luck on your journey as well!!