So stuck!

Options
Hi everyone! I have been on a serious weight loss journey now for over three years. It has been a very slow process but for the most part my weight has been going down :-) I have lost 86 lbs so far and I want to loose about 40 more. NOW...I am stuck....seems I have lost all motivation and it scares me....I find myself wanting to eat like my old self....the self that was 280 lbs and I didn't like her! I don't know how to get the motivation back....any suggestions?????

Replies

• fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    find a picture of yourself that you don't like from when you were at your highest weight. Carry it with you...when you get a case of the munchies take it out and look at it! Sometimes it works for me, other times...the junk foods wins.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Maybe hang your heavier pictures on your fridge along with a new one so you are reminded of how far you have come!! Your weight loss success has been awesome!!! Good for you!! Did you treat yourself to something special lately...manicure or new outfit?? Don't stop now...the finish line is sooooo close!! : )
  • mgottschalk
    Options
    Congratulations on your success thus far, that's amazing!! Have you seen the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"? That's what really inspired me to change my ways!
  • wvnurse1
    Options
    That's a good idea...I hate the before pic in my profile picture...I should use it
  • wvnurse1
    Options
    I have not seen it....I am going to look for it though! I am watching Food INC right now and I am shocked!
  • wvnurse1
    Options
    Thanks StartTomorrow! Great idea! I have all new clothes...nothing fit after 80+ lbs...thankfully I work with a girl that also lost weight adn she gave me all her uniforms.....saved me $$$$$$
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight you have lost. That is a lot of weight and something to be proud of. Hang in there if you can. I see other posters talk about giving themselves cheat days from time to time to keep them from burning out. These are folks who have lost 100 pounds plus so obviously it works. Good Luck
  • ki4idb
    ki4idb Posts: 114
    Options
    I feel your pain ... the scales have not moved in for ever .... but every night when I finish my food diary it says I sould be loosing weight.