Muscle swelling after weights

Options
Ok, this isn't one of those I worked out and put on a pound posts. I know why my body feels like a water balloon right now. I gave my muscles something to scream about, and they are. Question is, how long do the muscles hold this water after what is now apparently tough workouts for them now?

Replies

• BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Should be about two or three days. Mine do it like whoa, and for me it's usually three or four pounds.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Ok, this isn't one of those I worked out and put on a pound posts. I know why my body feels like a water balloon right now. I gave my muscles something to scream about, and they are. Question is, how long do the muscles hold this water after what is now apparently tough workouts for them now?
    Depends. It's usually 2 weeks, but it can be longer depending on how fast you recovery rate is.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    this happens to me a lot. expecially when I'm doing a lot of protein in my diet. Don't be surprised if your weight goes up even higher... I gained 9 pounds of water weight from muscle fluid/water retention when I started lifting before. It will go down in about a week if not sooner..
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on the shock to your body and what you did. Here's a great explaination:

https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=709
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am expecting up to 10, based on past experience. I remember that after I had that big gain though, I would get a big drop. Just couldn't remember how long it took. Man, I can barely walk or sit today!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on the shock to your body and what you did. Here's a great explaination:

https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=709

this made me so happy :D ! I already knew it, but I just like the confirmation that everything is OKAY! whoo hoo