Lunch Ideas!

Options
So in my weight loss endeavors I'm always seeking healthy, delicious meals. I've discovered some great and varied breakfast and snack options, but I haven't found or thought of a lot of different lunch options. I usually go back and forth between various sandwiches and salads, or Panera about once a week. Fact is, I'm pretty bored. XD I'd love to get some new ideas, or at least new spins on the old ones! I eat many small meals a day around 400-500 calories and I love getting a balance of all the food groups. I also work during the week so I love options that don't take too much cooking or prep time. :)

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I loveeee skinnytaste.com but "All Recipes" and "Whole Foods" has some great recipes online! :) Also, I have a few I like to make on my own if you need some personal favorites! :)
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    I'll check those out homegirl! :) And I'd love to know some of your personal choices. Lay 'em on me! :D
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is

6oz - 10oz (depends on how hungry I am) cubed chicken
    1 tablespoon of Panda Express Orange Sauce
    Lettuce Leafs

I cook the chicken in a pan on the stove till it's not pink and then add the 1 tablespoon of the sauce for about a minute
    Take 3 lettuce leafs and put them on a plate and then fill the leafs with equal amounts of chicken!

So yummy!
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    My favorite right now is

Lettuce Leafs

I cook the chicken in a pan on the stove till it's not pink and then add the 1 tablespoon of the sauce for about a minute
    Take 3 lettuce leafs and put them on a plate and then fill the leafs with equal amounts of chicken!

So yummy!

mmm that would be good with buffalo sauce too.. and fat free ranch maybe!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I normally take leftovers from whatever I've made from the skinnytaste.com site :) LOL I limit myself to maybe 4 or 5 Michelina's Lean Gourmet meals a month, due to sodium, or a nice batch of "tuna salad", with 1 or 2 cans of tuna (50cals each), 4 tbsp lite Miracle Whip (20 cals/tbsp), chopped onion, s&p, and I get two slices of the Brownberry Health-full Nutty Grain bread. That meal is 340 cals, and it leaves me full for a long time, since I make two open faced sandwiches that way.
  • starcrossedgirl
    Options
    I work mad hours during the day so I tend to go with a lunch that lasts, my favourite is a baked potato (no salt, no butter) with baked beans, sets me up for the afternoon! I usually have a bit of cheese as well, as I know I will burn it off easily!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    A favourite of mine, because it is quick, portable and tasty is I drain a 14oz tin of no added sugar peaches and chop them up if they're a bit big, put them in a container and dump a 5-6oz tub of yoghurt over them, then sprinkle about 1oz of toasted muesli (granola?? - the stuff with oats, seeds, coconut, dried fruit etc.) over that.
    Loads of fibre, and good protein from the yoghurt, carbs to keep you going. It's creamy, crunchy and juicy.
    You could use any other fruit you like, and another type of topping,. switching it to natural rather than toasted cuts down on fat and calories, but I just find it chewy and gross.
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    I like the flat out wrapsnifyou can get them.....I litereallly take any leftover veggies or chicken, whatever i had the night before...and put it in a container....i put the wrap in a bag separately, they get soggy....at lunch I make a leftover wrap! I also bring, greek yogurt, peanut butter. I also have veggie burgers in the freezer at work...they are handy if I forget. Trader joe also has lots of great options!!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Soups, pasta, pizza, roasted veggies with protein, greek style yogurt and a gyro. Yes...all these can be healthy if you make them yourself. Lunch has always been the most fun meal of my day...sometimes I have more of a breakfast style lunch with whole grain home made waffles with PB and a side of fruit and greek yogurt. Just have fun with your food...it doesn't have to be the standard lunch fare.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    my favorite lunch is a tukey wrap with lettuce, tomato, and hummus. i usually pair it with corn!!! i LOVE it and it is super fast to make for about 300 calories
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is

Lettuce Leafs

So yummy!

great idea!!!
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    Mmm these all sounds like kick *kitten* ideas! :D Thanks a ton guys!