Serving sizes

Options
I was just wondering how many people actual measure out the serving size or do you eye ball it? Right now I am measuring out everything. Even 8oz of milk, or a 1/4 cup cheese. I want to make sure that my calorie intake is as accurate as can be.

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    at 210 lbs with 30 more to go for my first goal weight, I eyeball it :) If I were lighter and had less to lose, I'd probably be stricter. If I stop losing weight, I'll probably have to start weighing (my food) more.
  • djeverson00
    Options
    I measuring out everything for right now since I am new to this but I think once I see what all looks like then maybe I will eye ball it. But dont think that I will do that anytime soon.
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    I measue out everything I eat that isn't already preportioned for me and I try to always follow the recommended serving size. Most people's portions are huge compared to the actual size. And it really does make you think how much you eat and allows you to accuratley monitor calories. I haven't change what I eat, just the portion size, and I am right on track losing about a pound a week.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I always weigh my food if I can or I will at least count out or measure the serviing size according to the package....just another Type A trait! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: