water = headache?

I was just wondering if anyone else gets a headache after they drink water. I HATE water...unless I'm pregnant then I crave it. Not because it tastes like nothing but because when I drink it it is always followed by a headache. Has this happened to anyone else? If so did you find a way to cure it?

Replies

• TAP or BOTTLED water?
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    What do you normally drink? If you're giving up your regular drinks for water it may be a caffeine headache or something.
  • I found when I stopped drinking sugary and caffeinated drinks, I had terrible headaches from the with-drawls. I drink water all the time and never had a headache associated with that. The occasions that I do drink sugary drinks, I always have a headache the following days afterwards, when I switch back to water.
  • I won't drink tap...only bottled. I've never really been a big fan of soda, if I'm not drinking water then it's tea, milk or crystal light.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    When I drink water I sometimes get light headed and dizzy. I may have a slight headache as well. I think it may be because I drink too much. Everyone says to drink tons and tons of water to aid in weight loss... or drink eight glasses a day, etc. Sometimes I think not everyone requires that much water. I don't know.
  • That's exactly what happens to me...I try to drink the recommended glass before a meal but it always makes me feel ill and like I need to lay down. I have always thought it was from drinking water "in excess" even though I wasn't meeting the daily guideline. I just could never any info to back up my train of thought.
  • SweetChilly
    SweetChilly Posts: 51 Member
    That's strange to me... when I drink water, it usually cures my headaches... but I don't drink anything else (sometimes iced tea).

Maybe go check with a doctor. You could be lacking in something or have an allergy to something.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Do you try to drink a lot at one time? Rather than downing a whole glass at one setting, I would sip on water continually throughout the day and make sure it is filtered. I know several people who get headaches from drinking tap. Also, rather than drinking on an empty stomach, drink once you have eaten.

Also, consider adding coconut water to your water...could make a huge difference for you and is much healthier than sports drinks for replenishing electrolytes.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=361&articleid=20100904_222_D4_erPamc294854
  • My husband and i use to drink pop, but all of a sudden we started to drink bottle water and after awhile that is all you want. At first i was getting headaches but now its just my sinus and not the caffine from pop.
  • Thank you guys! I usually substitue cocnut oil in when cooking so I will definitely look into the coconut water :D