bloated feeling

Options
Does anyone know what causes that bloated feeling u get about an hour after eating....I thought it was because of all the cr*p i was eating, but have taken great pains to eat only healthy foods for the past 4-5 days and STILL have that feeling.:sad: Any suggestions for this newbie??

Replies

• MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Does anyone know what causes that bloated feeling u get about an hour after eating....I thought it was because of all the cr*p i was eating, but have taken great pains to eat only healthy foods for the past 4-5 days and STILL have that feeling.:sad: Any suggestions for this newbie??
  • nyja33
    nyja33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's happens to me as well, but I find that if I take digestive enzymes, it REALLY helps. Digestive enzyme are proteins which are used by the body to break down food into nutrients which are then digested. Enzymes are used to treat a wide variety of digestive complains, including irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, bloating and heartburn. Digestive enzymes generally come in tablet form and are swallowed with water, although some are sold in powder or other forms. I use them mainly because I suffer from Irritable bowel syndrome, but they also help my body to break down the food soI can digest easier. I take them just before a meal to help break down the food properly. Digestive enzymes can be found in any health food store. Of course talk to your doctor, but again, you can find a high quality enzyme in most health food stores.

Hope that helps and good luck!!
  • valeriecarstens
    Options
    Try probiotics. Avon sells one called Flat Tummy. I'm sure you can get other brands at any vitamin counter. Also, I drink 1/2 light cranberry juice 1/2 water with a few slices of cucumber. It helps me with bloating.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I was getting that too when I switched from low fat to fat free cream (for my coffee). I finally figured it out and switched to Meijer Organic Original Gluton Free, Fat Free cream (can't drink it black even though I did give up the sugar). Bloating and overall bad feeling went away the same day I switched. Try to narrow it down, maybe it's a certain food for you too. Good luck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    How much fiber are you eating? Water? Are you sensitive to dairy? Are you having regular BM's? How much are you eating in one sitting?

Trying to narrow it down to one reason is fairly impossible. Try keeping track of what foods cause you to feel bloated.
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses. Going to try the things listed....

I know I dont drink enough water.....but coffee is made with water!!! :bigsmile: I am getting enough fiber, cutting down on sodium...etc.

Its funny how you don't really think about your body until you are fed up with it and want change. I will have to monitor what foods i have eaten when I feel bloated......i will tell you one thing tho, I'd rather be bloated than give up cheese!! If you can't eat cheese....what can you eat?!?!:laugh:

Thanks again for all the help