DO ANY GUYS OUT THERE DO "30 day shred?"

Options
I'm discovering that I'm way out of shape even though I don't look like it to most people. All I keep hearing is 30DayShred this and 30DayShred, that and how much it kicks these women's *kitten*! My question is, do any men out there do this simple 10 dollar workout? If you do, is it actually hard? I have all kinds of muscles that I haven't worked in a long time!

Replies

• bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past. It's a great workout. It is hard, but not very long. Around 20 minutes or so. I've moved on though to P90X and other routines, but someday I may do shred again.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I can tell you it is tough. There is a "modified" (easier) version, as well as the hard way. You can make it even harder by using heavier weights. It kicked my butt, and I had great results after the 30 days.
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Aww come on Danny! DO ITTTTT! It's not like it's gonna give you boobs LOL
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I have seen the video but haven't done it. If it's hard or not is obviously dependent on current fitness level. It didn't look overly hard to me.

For cardio, it would be a decent thing. But in the end, do whatever it is you like that you will continue doing. For me, I love kicking/punching the crap out of heavy bags. Great exercise and frustration release :tongue:
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    My husband is doing the 30DS with me. It's kicking his butt and he is losing inches all around. I say, do it!
  • damifino
    damifino Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few times with the wife and I think I am actually going to give it a go for the full 30 days. It's a good routine.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My husband does it with me too....Me has a pretty hard time with it...Makes him sweat...LOL
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    this is so weird. But i saw all these posts on here about 30DS today and i was totally skeptical about it. And then i was like you know what, its $7.99 on amazon with free two day shipping, why not. Then I got an email from amazon saying not only am I getting the dvd's but I've got the instant video via amazon in my account right now. So I just did the first level and it was awesome! I've done p90x and other workout videos and what I like about this video is that it gets you moving and sweating. Not only that but its only 30 minutes long and i dont have to go anywhere. Ive got a busy schedule and this was the best $8 i've ever spent.

She doesnt exactly say what weights you should use but i'm sure with increased weights it will be more challenging. Although I believe the video is more for weight loss and tone more than anything else. But still, totally worth $8. Im actually excited to workout tomorrow because I know its only going to be a half hour long but ill know it will be the most intense half hour of my day tomorrow :)
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    My husband is doing the 30DS with me. It's kicking his butt and he is losing inches all around. I say, do it!

Same here!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My ex does it with me every day ;). It kicks his butt too!
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    My fiance won't even touch 30 Day Shred. ;D Whimmmmps!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    my husband does it with really heavy dumb bells, loves it, and I love what it does for him!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Aww come on Danny! DO ITTTTT! It's not like it's gonna give you boobs LOL

hahahahaaaaa!!!!:laugh:
  • dannylives
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've had some of my guy friends try it with me. One of them was very athletic too - soccer player, gym junkie etc. and he was EXHAUSTED! I'm sure it would work just as well for guys. Good luck!
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does it with me and he seems to have a harder time with it than I do! Don't get me wrong, it kicks my butt too!
  • dannylives
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! What about Ripped in 30? Is it basically the same thing?
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's very similar. Same format - 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs x3. With RI30 you get 4 workouts instead of 3 so you get to change it up more quickly. RI30 steps it up a notch though!! I'm happy I finished 30DS first!
  • bogotachica
    Options
    My husband does it with me as well. He finds it to be very challenging and I consider him to be pretty strong/ with a lot of muscle mass.