Heyyyy Youuuuu Guyyyys!

Options
Ok, so as you can already tell, I am a bit of a dork. I'm a nerd too, so it evens out pretty well. A little over a year ago, I was diagnosed with a genetic vitamin d deficiency that mirrors brittle bone disease....woo hoo and yay for me! Needless to say, I have to be a lot more careful now. Since I apparently have no future plans to reign in my pesky klutziness, my doc recommended being more focused on healthy eating and building a stronger me. Over the course of my "get healthy" progress, a friend introduced me to MFP....I have now become addicted to the app on my iPhone. In the interests of feeding my addiction, laying caution to the wind, and sharing my quirkiness with the "world", I figured it was about time I hopped onto the forum side of things and said "Howdy" to what will hopefully prove to be a group of awkward, funny, crazy, hopeful, occasional rule-breakers. Just like me.

Replies

• rag5051
    rag5051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Goonies? :)
  • rag5051
    rag5051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And howdy!
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    YAY!! so glad you did im looking for the same group of ppl. If ya feel like it friend me and we can help each other on the road to a healthy happy insane life.
  • readyXaimsXfire
    Options
    Totally. And hi back! :)
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Haha, that's what I immediately thought of too...Goonies. One of my absolute favorite movies!

Welcome :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Well, I am awkward, funny, crazy, and hopeful. As for being an occasional rule-breaker, I guess that depends on the rules. Societies mores.... you betcha! Actually breaking the law... no, not unless you count the time I broke the speed limit to get home faster because I needed the facilities. Yes. I was stopped by a police officer. So, there you go. No more law breaking for me. :noway: I learned my lesson! :blushing:
  • readyXaimsXfire
    Options
    I figured I'd do something a little silly, but also with a great meaning for getting healthy: Goonies never say die.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Love it. . welcome to the goof troop~
  • readyXaimsXfire
    Options
    =)
  • Oz2011
    Oz2011 Posts: 58
    Options
    Captain Chuck!!, Captain Chunk says lets get the hell outta here!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi back!! You've come to the right place, you will find all sorts of encouragement, motivation and yes, quirkiness here too. I was diagnosed with a severe vitamin D deficiency in March of this year and am currently taking supplements to help correct that. I'm not sure about the bone issues as that side of it was never discussed but I am doing weight-bearing exercises so that should help. Feel free to friend me and we can push each other along on our weight loss and health seeking journey. :flowerforyou:
  • readyXaimsXfire
    Options
    Hahaha! Totally glad I went with The Goonies!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi there, when I saw your topic, my mind immediately went all the way back to "The Electric Company", talk about corny, lol. I was also diagnosed with severe vitamin d deficiency, have taken megadoses(50,000 units) and am now on an over the counter supplement - 2000 units as I have been experiencing some 'bone' problems also. Anyway, welcome to the site and I'm sure that you will come to love the ppl that you meet here... I'm not doing as great as I'd like to right now but doing my best and you can add me if you like and we'll push thru this together!! Good luck on your journey!!!:happy:
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm the friend!! Us Goonies gotta stick together!!! Hi my friend, so glad you could join us!!! Dark side has called.......
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I will throw my helmet into this ring. Looking forward to seeing everyones progress.

Feel free to add me as a friend. (that goes for all you other goonies as well)