Nut allergies

Options
Hi all, I have a question that has been bothering me for a long time. Every diet plan says to include nuts as a healthy fat source or protein source. I have seen several diet plans that actually use them as one of the snacks throughout the day. My question is this, is there an alternative to nuts or simply cut them out due to allergies?

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Hmm....don't know what to tell ya. I love nut.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you have a nut allergy.. Then why eat nuts?
    That just seems like a really simple thing to do.

Some good alternatives are egg whites, beef jerky (You can find good ones at health food stores without all the sodium), cottage cheese, fruits, tuna, protein bars, lentils, oatmeal, and so many more.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    there's plenty of alternatives for protein.

that's a shame though, I don't know what I would do without nut!
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have a question that has been bothering me for a long time. Every diet plan says to include nuts as a healthy fat source or protein source. I have seen several diet plans that actually use them as one of the snacks throughout the day. My question is this, is there an alternative to nuts or simply cut them out due to allergies?

There is a very good alternative to peanut butter called Sun Butter. It is made form sun flower seeds.

•Olives (eight large)
    •Avocado (two tablespoons)
    •Pumpkin seeds (one tablespoon)
    •Sunflower seeds (one tablespoon)

All are good healthy-fat nut replacements. Each serving has about 5 grams of unsaturated fat and 45 calories. Protein- and fiber-packed roasted soybeans or dried plums are also good portable substitutes.