1 large butternut squash

1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil

1 tsp paprika

1/8 tsp cayenne

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1/8 tsp onion powder

1/8 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees

Carefully cut both ends off the squash. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the rind from the squash until you've peeled away the pale orange outside layers. Discard the rind. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. With a large spoon, scrape out the seeds and discard them. Cut 8 ounces (about 2 cups) of 4" x 1/2" sticks. (refrigerate the remaining squash for another recipe.)

Place the squash sticks in a mediuim mixing bowl. Add the lil, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Toss to coat. Transfer the squash to a baking sheet so the sticks are in the single layer and do not touch.

Bake, turning the squash about every 5 minutes, for 22-25 minutes, or until the outsides are crisp and the insides are tender when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.

Make 1 serving

Per serving: 133 calories, 3 g protein, 28g carbohydrates, 3g fat (trace saturated), omg cholesterol, 5g fiber, 302 sodium

PS: these were really good. . I switched up the recipe a bit myself. . I used smoked paprika instead and cut out the onion powder and salt. . . they took 25-30 mins in the oven and I sprinkled them with parmesan when done.

*HAPPY COOKING!*

Replies

• cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    Options
    sounds yummy! thanks for sharing
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    how much is one serving about?

and YUMMM!!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much Jade for sharing this wonderful recipe:flowerforyou:
    I'm going to try it out this weekend:wink:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

and YUMMM!!

I used the ingredients I listed except that I doubled the amount of olive oil and I have a food scale so I used 15.5 oz of squash. . .According to the recipe 8oz is the serving size that they were referring to.~! Hope this helps.enjoy!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

and YUMMM!!

I used the ingredients I listed except that I doubled the amount of olive oil and I have a food scale so I used 15.5 oz of squash. . .According to the recipe 8oz is the serving size that they were referring to.~! Hope this helps.enjoy!

THANKS!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to give these a try.
  • sueozzy
    sueozzy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    do they crisp up? I can't wait to try it!
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    looks awesome!