5'5" and 47 yrs old - currently 171 from 188 - HELP!

Options
I thought I realistic goal for me was 145............, then I went down to 135.................... now I see all these goals for like 118 (for someone 5'7") and I just dont think I can do that! I used to be 105 - after 2 kids = see the ticker that isn't working. Anyway, I think I would be nothing but hanging skin at 105 or 115 or 125. I guess I will be able to gage it better as I lose, but am I the only person that thinks that kind of weight would not look good on me???

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my goal weight is 140-145. I feel like anymore than that and I start to look unhealthy but it all depends on body type. I am broad shouldered and have large ribs. My best friend who is 5'6 is only 110 lbs and looks healthy but she has a tiny frame.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" as well and my goal is 135, too. I will reassess when I get there and see if I need to lose up to 10lbs more, but I think I will be quite happy with 135.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 135. I wear a size 4 and sometimes a 2. It's not about the number on the scales, it's about what you wear and how you wear it.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" (or 5'5" at the dr. office - wth) and 52. My goal is around 155 and I will probably be a size 10 at that. I will be happy and look good there. If I weighed 135 I would be a stick and unhealthy. A lot depends on your build. Choose what makes you look and feel good!:smile:
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! I guess I just need to see what happens as the weight goes down. I just have a feeling that I will look older because I lose too much weight. I would rather look good and not old! At my age, you start to worry about that! My husband saw me tonight and called me Christine vs. Chris. Christine is when he "likes" me, Chris is what I get when he is calling me a fat fkg c..t! So, I guess I got my own NS deal!
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 168 right now, my goal is 145. I have a lot of muscle mass from playing sports year round when I was younger though. At 168 I fit into a size 8. When I started this my goal was to get into a size 8, needless to say I still feel like I need to lose at least 15 more pounds, but 145 is just getting out of the overweight section of the bmi. If I don't get to 145 cuz I feel healthy and look good in my new clothes than that will be fine with me. I don't want to be a twig, I like my athletic build.
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal initially was 145-150, but I just started my journey and am gaining muscle weight, getting discouraged with the scale so I put it away. I took my measurements and am starting to see results. So now my goal isn't so much what is on the scale, but the size of clothes I wear!! Wishing you all the best in your journey to a healthier YOU!!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 150. I'm also large chested and even when I lose weight they don't go away (but would love for them to come down from a DDD). When I hit there I will reassess but I've only been that weight 1 time in my marriage and I got there in a really unhealthy way and wasn't able to maintain it.
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 29, my goal is 129. That is my ultimate goal. I've been at a plateau for over a month. I'm stuck at 142 and at this point I'd be thrilled just to get to 135. I'm very curvy, or rather pear shaped no matter what my weight is so any lower than 129 and I would look too thin. Even at 129 my family thought I was too thin. So i guess it just depends on you and what feels right on you.

PS- what is your husband saying to you? That sounds really disrespectful and rude. Sending hugs your way.
  • teddysmom16
    teddysmom16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 42, 5'4" and currently 165. I got down to 150 last year and felt awesome. My original goal was 135, but I think I am going for 140 now. Everyone is different, but at 150 I wore size 6 pants and a size M top, I am more of an apple than a pear shape. Good luck reaching your goal! You also want to set a weight that you can maintain without being completely stressed out!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    I'm 5'5" I feel great at 140!
  • Daysednconfused
    Options
    Thank you for your response and that is why I am permanently separated from him (due to a lawsuit).
  • Daysednconfused
    Options
    Right now, I am getting into size 12's and pretty darn happy with that, but of course, i want more than that. I actually thought if I got down to a single digit, I'd be happy, and I might, cause it's still a ways away. I just don't want my weight loss fixation to take over my brain. I hope I know when I look good. And again, thank you ALL for your words of wisdom!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!