30 lbs gone! Long journey ahead but I'm gettin there!

Options
jennykcmo
jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
I'm so excited to be posting my first success story. I'm obsessed with this section of the message boards as looking at your pics and reading all your stories helps me envision what's possible.

I started MFP back in mid-April. I have fallen off track SO many times, and there have been weeks and even a couple months where I haven't lost anything. But the overall trend is losing. Now that it's October, I'm tired of getting distracted and am focusing on losing 50 lbs. by the end of the year. (and 100 lbs by sometime next year, and eventually 150 lbs). I have been overweight since childhood... lost a lot of weight twice in my life... but somehow managed to gain 100 lbs since I met my husband in 2006... ugh! I just fell in love and stopped thinking about taking care of myself... enjoyed eating out and took on his habits instead of keeping my own. Now that we want to start a family, it's time to get as healthy as possible to give that a better chance of happening. MFP has been so empowering, inspiring, helpful... just wonderful! I (mostly, usually) believe I can achieve my goals!

If anyone would like a support buddy, feel free to add me. I could use the support as well !!!

Fall 2010 versus today, Oct 2011
30lblosssm.jpg

One of my more hideous pictures!!!!!!! If this isn't a wake-up call, I don't know is! This pic continues to motivate me.
heavypic.jpg

Today in a dressing room. Yes I still have a LOT to lose but I am feeling a lot better already.
30loss2.jpg

Replies

• bombshellintraining18
    Options
    Good Job! you can really see a difference
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you look great.
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Doing great young lady. Keep up the good work.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can really see a difference, especially in your stomach. Keep it up :drinker:
  • kennymay
    Options
    good job. keep up the good work
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! What have you been doing mostly?
  • alexis92
    Options
    congrats, you're looking fantastic!!!! keep up the great work!
  • divamimi09
    divamimi09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! WTG....you look fabulous!!!!! Congrats!!!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a huge difference already! Great job! I can't wait to say I've lost 30 lbs. That's awesome :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep it going
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you look amazing..congrats, keep up the awesome job:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!!!! Keep it going!
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    You look great!!!! Good job!!!
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing changes and sound as if you are totally motivated to achieve your end goal - well done!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!! And I'm so glad for your family-to-be that you're doing this NOW! Make these changes for a lifetime--and you benefit your whole family. This is from the wish-I'd-done-better-but-at-least-I'm-doin'-it-now cheering section. You'll be in the HA-I-done-it-right-! cheering section as you reach back to encourage others!
  • louemmahale
    Options
    good job, keep up the good work
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can tell there is a huge difference! You can add me if you would like :-)
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Big difference. It's really worth the effort, isn't it? You can do this and you have lots of cheerleaders to help you along.
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow remarkable and KUDOS to you!!!! You can tell you look and feel much better!!!! Its amazing what you can do when you

put your mind to it and have the "vote" of confidence for yourself!!!! good job!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You are doing a wonderful job! Don't give up on your dream, you deserve happiness and success! I believe in you and always believe in yourself! YOU CAN DO IT! DON'T STOP AND NEVER GIVE UP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!