Benefits of Green Tea

Options
Hi MFP! I was wondering what are the benefits of green tea? I heard it speeds up your metabolism.. I was thinking of buying some green tea to have at least once a day. Do you recommend any certain types (brands?) Thanks to anyone who responds! :)

Replies

• ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think you have to drink more than 1 cup a day for it to really do anything.
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like the Bigelow brand: green tea Earl Gray, and Lipton green tea: Blackcurrent Vanilla, White mangosteen & Peach, and Orange Passionfruit & Jasmine. I make them all into iced tea and the flavors are just right, no sugar needed :happy: But beware, drinking too much can cause some lower intestial discomfort lol. Good Luck!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    i personally love Jasmine Green Tea - I think it is a store brand. Gives a nice fragrance to regular green tea...

Typically I drink anywhere from 1-5 cups of green tea a day, especially when I need to warm up at the office!
  • Fit4Life59
    Options
    Green Tea with Ginseng will speed up your metabolism, drink after your meals.
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    I had this same question!! I'm about to start the 17 day diet and he suggests drinking a cup of green tea with every meal - so 3 times every day! I wonder how much influence it actually has on weightloss ...
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love green tea. I brew up a pot (any brand, I like plain green tea, though, not flavored), when it's done, stir a little honey in the pot (maybe a tbsp, and i water down my tea, so it's at least 10 cups. For me, it's more to get me some caffeine without soda, I don't think I drink enough to get serious benefits. I'm curious to see if others can let us know how much it would be helpful, to truly benefit from it!

Eta: iced, for me!
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    I get the Foo Joy brand Jasmine Green Tea. You can find it at Lions Asian Market, or 99 Ranch Market

I read a while back that it helps in lowering cholesterol, burning fat, preventing diabetes and stroke, and staving off dementia. Green tea is full of antioxidants that everyone should know - helps fight free radicals.

To help with weight loss, you'll need to drink 4-6 cups :D

Tea time, anyone? :drinker:
  • Cyabvear
    Options
    As I moved to Japan in April, I've been drinking green tea to every meal. Along with other dieting measures I lost 10lbs a month.