finding it hard to eat 1200 cal/day

Options
For the past week, I have been getting pretty full halfway or 3/4 through my meals so whats left if I am hungry I will eat it for a snack. With me eating my leftover meals for snacks, i'm not eating my actual snacks. So I have been al least 175-220 calories under my 1200 goal. I'm not hungry and sometime have to force myself to eat because I don't want my weightloss to come to a standstill. My hubby says that my stomach is probably getting smaller from the smaller servings that I've been eating and thats why im getting fuller quicker. I don't know I just don't want my weight loss to slow down or stop.

Replies

• jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    do you like nuts or avocados? Those are healthy and high in calories, should help you get up there.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    add in things like olive oil on your salad , nuts , avocado

and if you are using skimmed milk switch to semi skimmed
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat 1200 calories and I exercise every day. I was concerned about this at first, but my hubby said that the 'starvation mode' only kicks in once you have a lot less percentage of body fat (and I think I read it on here somewhere also). As such, for people who need to lose weight, the less calories the better in my opinion!
  • Mygrrls
    Mygrrls Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You need to be careful because if you don't eat at least 1200 cal/day you could put your body into starvation mode, which could make you start gaining. Make sure that you eat enough each day and don't forget to exercise.
  • tounyae1979
    Options
    do you like nuts or avocados? Those are healthy and high in calories, should help you get up there.

I eat almonds, sunflower seeds ,and walnuts but I have never tried avocados.
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    Definitely try to eat the 1200 calories, the reduction in hunger may not be down to your stomach shrinking but your metabolic rate slowing down...this is not good for weightloss!

Eating some of the higher calorie foods may help to boost your intake. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but eat whole fat items rather than 'light' versions. They're higher in calories but often, importantly, much lower in sugar and crap that's bad for you. If you can afford the calories of it, full fat versions of stuff will be better for you than their light counterparts.

What kind of foods do you eat mostly?
  • tounyae1979
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but eat whole fat items rather than 'light' versions. They're higher in calories but often, importantly, much lower in sugar and crap that's bad for you. If you can afford the calories of it, full fat versions of stuff will be better for you than their light counterparts.

What kind of foods do you eat mostly?
    I eat a lot of plain oatmeal, I use vanilla almond milk in it, lots of apples, raisins, sugar free jello, almonds, low sodium peanut butter on rice cakes. Special K cracker chips and 100 calorie snacks. Lots of chicken turkey and tilapia. I stopped buying vegetables in the can because of the sodium, I buy frozen vegetables a lot because my fresh vegetables go bad before i can eat them. Sometimes very small servings of carbs like rice pasta and potatoes. I also try to drink 10-12 cups of water a day.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If by 100 calorie snacks you mean the snack pack things be careful with those. Not all of them are as healthy as one might think. If you make your own, good on you! That's fantastic =).

That's all pretty solid. Do you like smoothies? Consider almond milk with a good healthy yogurt (I like greek myself, and of course assuming you're ok with yogurt) and then things like strawberries, bananas, pineapple, mango, blueberries, acai, whatever.

Also do you do protein shakes? That's another calorically dense drink that's pretty good for you.

How much do you exercise?
  • tounyae1979
    Options
    I made my nuts into a 100 calorie snacks but I also have store bought 100 calorie snack packs. I've never had a protein shake. I bought whey protein a few years back but never used it because my brother told me it would make me gain weight. I try to get in at least 30 minutes to 1 hr 30 minutes of exercise everyday. I'm really trying to push myself so that I can see some results because I give up very easily.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes don't make you gain weight unless you're going over on calories. Protein helps keep you full by taking longer to digest but mainly also helps with muscle recovery from working out---protein shakes are a great post-workout drink that can keep soreness at bay.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs work for me. :)
  • Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on a 1200 cal a day too everyone has Great Ideas I think you can Look at my dairy if you'd like if its open I just started so I'm new be sure you are also takeing a multivitaim avercodos are Great ( you'll kinda know if you like gacuamoli) plus you can do thinks like Banana;s & pb or Apples & pb for a little snack for protein Please Feel Free To Add me we can help Each other Best Wishes You Can Do It!!:happy: