New and confused..

Options
Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm new to all this calorie counting thing so decided to join here after finding the app on my iPod.

I've got a post to add as I really am very confused about all this deficit and net calories thing, but as this is purely an introduce yourself board, I thought I'd just say hello.

I'm from Ipswich and I'd love to get to know any other Ipswich lasses or lads, and of course anyone from any other part of the country.

Anyway, I won't go on...

Nice to meet you all and hope to speak to you soon.

Lillie

Replies

• krbn2
    krbn2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not from Ipswich, but welcome!
  • tsacapt
    tsacapt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It can be alittle confusing at first but you have found a great place to get support and to have questions answered.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Live in the US. You will love this site. Don't get bogged down on things in my opinion. Just stay as close as possible to the MFP guidelines and you will be fine. I do enter my food before I eat. It helps me stay on track. The net in and out stuff has to do with adding your exercise calories back in. If you exercise and add calories burned under exercise, MFP automatically adds the exercise calories to your daily calorie limit so you can eat back those calories if you want.. There is always a debate on here whether to eat back exercise calories or not but based on all I have read, I think you should try. For example, if MFP limits you to 1200 food calories a day but you do some amazing exercise and burn 900 calories, then, you only eat your 1200 calories, when you subtract your 900 calories of exercise from your 1200 food calories you have eaten, you have only eaten 300 net calories which is not enough for your body. I don't exercise enough to make a difference one way or the other but some folks burn lots and lots of calories exercising.